Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm 16. How do I tell my parents??

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi. I'm Anna. I'm only 16 and i have no clue how to tell my parents! Any advice? Feel free to tell your stories..

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Just be honest with them. Don't lie about it or try to hide it, because they will be more angry about that. Remember you're their little girl & its hard for parents to see their children grown up before they are ready to. Reality sometimes reminds us that its not our choice, like in situations here, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Good luck!
Closet_Case
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Mobile Photo

duckhunter_sc
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I am pregnant. This is my first baby. The baby in the photo is my baby sister who died of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome).

Quoting Libra113: What?
Quoting duckhunter_sc:

I am Pregnant. My first. The baby is my baby sister who died of SIDS.

Quoting smorgan865: Are you pregnant? Is this your second child? Who's baby is in the photo?

Libra113
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww I'm sorry.

Quoting duckhunter_sc:

I am pregnant. This is my first baby. The baby in the photo is my baby sister who died of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome).

Quoting Libra113: What?

Quoting duckhunter_sc:

I am Pregnant. My first. The baby is my baby sister who died of SIDS.

Quoting smorgan865: Are you pregnant? Is this your second child? Who's baby is in the photo?

loveyourenemy
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Just tell them you need to talk and sit them down to tell them. They won't react well at first but everything will be okay. Tell them what you plan to do and they will need to accept it because it's your baby, not theirs. My mom was pissed when I told her I was pregnant with my first but she got over it. My older sister had just had a baby, my 17 year old ( at the time) sister was pregnant and I was 21 finding out I was pregnant. Mom flipped but I told her I need emotional support from you because I'm having this baby and I know most of my friends will stop hanging out with me because I can't go to bars or clubs with them with a baby. It took her maybe a week then she became more supportive and was actually in the delivery room with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abifasc
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Were they aware that you were having sex? How is your relationship with them to begin with? Honesty is always best, and I would encourage you to not be defensive or angry. This will be a huge shock to them so make sure they are calm and focused before letting them know. Give them time to warm up to the idea.
duckhunter_sc
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:16 AM

No, they weren't aware. not the greatest with my mom, better with my dad.

Quoting abifasc: Were they aware that you were having sex? How is your relationship with them to begin with? Honesty is always best, and I would encourage you to not be defensive or angry. This will be a huge shock to them so make sure they are calm and focused before letting them know. Give them time to warm up to the idea.

courtAKAmommy
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I got pregnant at 16 and I was terrified to tell my parents especially my dad!
With my mom she just knew. I hadn't needed tampons and I was acting different. So she ended up asking me.
With my dad I was far to nevous to talk to him. I wrote him an email telling him. I put in the email how sorry I was and I knew he would be disappointed in me but that I loved him and I hoped he would still be there for me. When he got the email he checked me out of school and talked to me. Everyone was disappointed but they supported me through it all. My baby girl is now 9 years old and is such a blessing to this family.
If telling them in person is to hard write a letter so you can get out everything your feeling. It gives them time to processes it and calm down some. Just please do it soon. You need to be seen by a doctor and make sure everything is ok with the baby and you. You need to be taking vitiamins and caring for yourself and the baby. I waited way to long to tell my family and looking back now I see how dumb that was. Good luck love! Everything seems scary now but in a few years it will all be memories.
CocolateLady
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM

No easy way to tell them. just spill it out.

.PinkHart.
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I was 15. Terrified to tell them. Kept putting if off until one morning my mom heard me puking. She came home with a test and made me pee right in front of her. I was already 12 weeks. I don't know how I would have told her had she not found out how she did. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)