Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What are you craving?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM
  • 16 Replies

With Ds #1 the weirdest and practically only food craving i had was asparagus - i never had asparagus before in my life until i was about 7 months with him.. all of a sudden and out of the blue the worst craving for asparagus hit me.. so bad i had to walk to the store and grab up a can... i didnt care if it was fresh.. or hot for that matter.. i got home and ate it right out of the can cold with a little salt. And then from there i proceded to eat asparagus every day

Ds #2 was I Hop.... i couldnt get enough rootie tootie fresh and fruity with boysenberry syrup.. i once stayed up all night in anticipation of getting my favorite dish - my sonogram appointment was in the same complex as an i hop... i couldnt sleep because i was too excited on the idea of eating my rootie tootie - Ironically with ds # 2 though, one of my favorite things, which was salad, went out the window. I couldnt stomach it for nothing.. i took me until ds #2 was about 4 to finally start enjoying eating lettuce again.

Also with both ds #1 & #2 i craved smells.. i couldnt get enough dryer sheets, laundry soap and rubbing alcohol - i have no idea why

This time around - baby #3 .. so far its salt .. i cant get enough of it.. nothing is salty enough.. i have adoctors appt on wednesday and i plan to ask him about it because its starting to worry me... am i lacking something that is making my practically want to sit and lick salt cubes? To me it feels like maybe im missing a nutrient or something.

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
curliesue
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:51 AM
So far I have been craving salad and fruits. Lol.
bmthverana
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM

A lot of vegetables this time around. I'm constantly eating veggies and fruit. 

abharper
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Just fruits. I am 27 weeks and have only gained 3 pounds...which brought on a lecture from midwife that I cannot eat just fruit. Baby is healthy and no problems but she says I have to have protien with every bite of fruit, blech!
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Protein. Omelettes w/ cheese and veggies, peanut butter, turkey n cheese sandwiches, Greek yogurt. I think these boys hit a growth spurt.
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM
And ice.
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM
You shouldn't eat so much salt. You can actually poison yourself. Definitely talk to your doctor!
VicVinegar
by Keila on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Hey did you have your babies yet? Or has there been any progress to your dilation? Hopefully you get to keep them in there for a bit. Did they give you the steroid shots for babies lungs?

Quoting Mom2five87: Protein. Omelettes w/ cheese and veggies, peanut butter, turkey n cheese sandwiches, Greek yogurt. I think these boys hit a growth spurt.

VicVinegar
by Keila on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I just want fruit and candy! Sweets is really the only thing I've been craving his time around. My favorite is slushies

karaklett
by Kara on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Currently- pistachios.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Hey. I just updated my post. They're still cooking for now but the doctor says we will be lucky to make it to 34 weeks. Right now I'm 33+2. I had the steroid shots last week. And I'm stuck here in this hospital til the babies are born.

They haven't checked my cervix since the morning I came in. Said they don't wanna check it unless there is a good reason to because it could start up the contractions again.

Quoting VicVinegar:

Hey did you have your babies yet? Or has there been any progress to your dilation? Hopefully you get to keep them in there for a bit. Did they give you the steroid shots for babies lungs?

Quoting Mom2five87: Protein. Omelettes w/ cheese and veggies, peanut butter, turkey n cheese sandwiches, Greek yogurt. I think these boys hit a growth spurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)