Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

double middle name?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM
  • 75 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hubby and I are considering a change up in our name for thisbaby.. originally we were going with Phoenix Anne. The Anne is for my gma whom I was very close with and helped take care of for a difficult year during her Alzheimer's. But..... we also loce Athena. So we're thinking about going with Phoenix Athena-Anne. I need a bit of input. Is it overboard? Pick one? What're your thoughts? Are double middle names common?
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mgm_5
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I think it's cute, i have a friend who gave her 3 girls double middle names and she gets lots of compliments
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM
All my children have a double middle name.
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:26 AM
One of mine has a double middle name. :)
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:46 AM
3 moms liked this
I think its a beautiful name either way.

I have two middle names, and it has certainly made my life difficult. Legally there are some things that you have to put it on, but there is rarely an option for a second middle name or space to extend the first middle name. So my stuff gets modified, which causes problems. It sits cause people don't or can't enter two middle names. I've had problems not existing, because they chose to enter one name & should have had two. It's just way more hassle than its worth. It was tradition in our family to have multiple middle names... But all of the siblings broke it as we didn't want our children to have to deal with the messes we have.
LoveH523
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM
We've decided on a double middle name!
Mom100WV
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Maybe skip the hyphen so when she tells people how to spell her name she can exclude it.

StaciF
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM

its a lot but how often do you even use a middle name!? i have to stop and think what my kids middle names are lol.  the beauty of being a parent you can name her whatever - but i do love using Anne since it has special meaning

Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM

they aren't common but not uncommon, do what YOU like... who cares what anyone else thinks.

karaklett
by Kara on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I want to do a double middle name. At first the middle name was going to be Katherine, after my mom who passed away. We had 2 first name options picked out that both go well with Katherine. I liked one name the best, hubby liked the other one. My boys agree with me so I won. He wants to use the name he liked as the middle name though. I really don't want to give up Katherine so double middle name it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaye
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Interesting.. Def something to think about. Thanks

Quoting MamaBearEH: I think its a beautiful name either way.

I have two middle names, and it has certainly made my life difficult. Legally there are some things that you have to put it on, but there is rarely an option for a second middle name or space to extend the first middle name. So my stuff gets modified, which causes problems. It sits cause people don't or can't enter two middle names. I've had problems not existing, because they chose to enter one name & should have had two. It's just way more hassle than its worth. It was tradition in our family to have multiple middle names... But all of the siblings broke it as we didn't want our children to have to deal with the messes we have.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)