Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

what does back labor feel like

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:39 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have been having horrible back pain since yesterday. It's constant but it gets stronger then lighter but never goes away.
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

that sounds like when I had back labor

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM

My first when I had a contraction I felt it in the back instead of the front. But nothing I couldn't handle. My second when I had a contraction it was a pressure that hurt and I couldn't move to relieve it. One reason of the many reasons I hated getting an epidural.

Heather2001
by Heather on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

It's horrendous back pain that accompanies contractions.  General back pain isn't back labor.  Back  labor forms a consistent pattern with your contractions.

TwoLittleFrogs
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM

How are you feeling now? I had back labor with my last baby. The contractions radiated from the back to the front, and I could not sit down. I was nearly 6 cm dilated by the time I made it to the hospital.

Mommyto3band1g
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:09 AM

At first i felt like i had to go to the bathroom and then the pain just kept getting worse. Its like a period x10 in your back. Constant pain, unlike stomach contractions that take a break lol I hated it and im glad ive only dealt with it once out of 4 births.

momma-rogers
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:54 AM
I'm still having the pain. But it's not increasing. I know it's not just a back ache cause I definitely know that feeling. But because I can still function in not going to l&d id rather just sit it out at home comfortably. I'm hoping it will stop. But if it does start to get worse I will definitely go.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:17 AM

My back labor started off as contrax every 12 mins or so and they felt like the cramps I get in my back during my period.  4 hours later they were every 2 mins and it was the MOST intense pain I've ever felt.  I was begging for anything they could give me before I got my epidural.  Words cannot describe the pain.  I couldn't sit down and it never let up.  I didn't feel anything in my stomach at all because the pain was so intense in my back.  Turned out my baby was turned sideways.  I was only 4cm when I got to the hospital so they couldn't admit me right away.  Thankfully, I went from 4-6cm in 30 mins so I had my epi within about an hour of getting to the hospital.  I don't know how I could have gone even 1 more min with that pain.

hnischke
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Back labor is when you're in active labor. For me none of my contractions were in my front. They were all in the back. It felt like somebody was pushing through my my hips and tearing my spine out. I have an extremely high pain tolerance but it was so painful I vomited a few times.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN