Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

It’s not cool when people say this to you

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

So after Trent got jaundice because he is Rh+ and I am Rh- my mom keeps talking about how I won't ever be able to have kids with an Rh+ guy ever again. Has anyone had experience with this? I don't want to freak anyone out who is Rh-. I mean I got those shots for it; but our blood is mix so I'm not sure how that works and the Dr and nurses where pretty vague.  

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

no idea but here is a bump

HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister and I have both got positive blood and our mother was rh negative. I can't remember what my brother's rh factor is though. I don't think she got a shot after him since she got her tubes tied at that point. The rh factor wasn't a problem as long as the doctor kept an eye on it and gave her the shots after the birth.
dixiegurl223626
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

as long as you get the shots you and the next baby baby will be fine. With the next baby they will give you the rhogam shot at around 28 weeks and then again within 72 hrs after baby is born.

CafeMom Tickers
bookworm326
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

The shots work to dampen your immune system so you don't make antibodies against the baby's blood. As long as you don't you should be fine. The problem is if you do make the antibodies. . .most of the time the first baby will be fine but the second your body will recognize as a foreign antigen and attack it.

Thankfully the shots work well so you shouldn't have any problems having a second, third, fourth, etc with an Rh+ guy. Also Rh + being a dominant trait doesn't mean a man doesn't carry an Rh negative gene even if his parents and grandparents all have Rh positive blood. Biggest thing is to not stress yourself out. Listen to the doctor's recommendations and if it really worries you ask about having more children with an Rh positive man. They will know what is best for you. 

lauraborgelt87
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I am rh- and am pregnant with number four. My ex husband was rh+ and so where my two boys. My fiancé is rh+ too. as long as you get the shots it will be fine. And if the baby is + it will get one too. There is no reason you can't have more kids.
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Both of my kids are RH+ and i am RH- my 1st didn't have jaundice but my 2nd did.
I waited 4 years to have one but I did have a m/c because I didn't get the shot. So just make sure you get the shot your next pregnancy.

Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

the shots are key, there is no reason you can't have more kids

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother had to get the shots and was able to have more than one child.

Zipcrystal
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:51 AM

your kids got that same shot?

Quoting lauraborgelt87: I am rh- and am pregnant with number four. My ex husband was rh+ and so where my two boys. My fiancé is rh+ too. as long as you get the shots it will be fine. And if the baby is + it will get one too. There is no reason you can't have more kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN