Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Being induced and a little scared

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:38 AM
  • 70 Replies
2 moms liked this

My doctor is inducing next Tuesday. I have to check into the hospital Monday evening. I am almost 39 weeks. Baby weighs almost 8 lbs and is in position, but I am not dilating and cervix is stil thick. I have to go in Monday morning to see if my cervix has changed. If it hasn't, I have to check into the hospital Monday evening for Cervidil. Then, on Tuesday morning, my doc will start Pitocin to induce labor. While I am excited about her finally arriving, I am nervous about being induced. This is my first baby, and I have read that Pitocin can actually make labor longer and contractions worse. Any advice, encouragement, or words of enlightenment are greatly appreciated, as I am very nervous and a little scared.

I trust my doctor, and know he is doing only what he feels is best for me and this little girl. I'm just a little scared of the unknown, as I've never been through this before.

Thanks for reading and any advice, encouragement or words of enlightenment.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
courtAKAmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:53 AM
I was induced twice and went into labor on my own once.
When I was induced I have very long labors and pushed 2 hours each.
When I went into labor on my own it was very quick and only pushed 15 mins.
The pain was the same and everything went great with all 3.
Don't be nervous I feel like the only thing you'll deal with is longer labor but it's also your first so it's expected.
Praying for you keep us updated when you can.
courtAKAmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:59 AM
My advice would be enjoy every moment of it and get lots of rest when you can! Longer labor makes for a more tired momma after delivery so if you need to ask people not to visit so you can sleep then do it. I was exhausted after my inductions and could barely hold the babies.
RMslady
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:34 AM
My induced labor was extreamly quick once my contractions got painful, lol fast enough my dr didnt make it, 3cm to her first cry in 45 minutes fast. My advice, dont let them send you home after the cervidil (they sent me home and told me to come back in 12 hours but she came in 10) sleep when you can and good luck! :)
HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Why are you being induced?
redneck.crazy
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:55 AM
This?

Quoting HazelBug: Why are you being induced?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:02 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm sorry, but that is an absolutely ridiculous reason for you to be induced. I highly encourage you to do a bit of research and refuse induction unless it's a matter of life and death for you or the baby.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

(If you're on my Facebook, please don't say anything yet!!) 

redneck.crazy
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Unfortunately too many people listen to just what the doctors say and don't do their own research.

Quoting ATG499:

I'm sorry, but that is an absolutely ridiculous reason for you to be induced. I highly encourage you to do a bit of research and refuse induction unless it's a matter of life and death for you or the baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I was one of those people. I let my doctor induce me. Biggest mistake of my life and I will always regret it. My son has had a lifetime of issues and I know at least one of those issues is due to the induction.

Quoting redneck.crazy: Unfortunately too many people listen to just what the doctors say and don't do their own research.
Quoting ATG499:

redneck.crazy
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:07 AM
:-(

((Hugs))

I almost was until CM and I posted how my doc wanted to induce at 38 wks due to GD and u/s weight estimate showing him at 10 lbs and people explained how u/s can be off.

I'm glad I didn't listen to my doc.

Quoting ATG499:

I was one of those people. I let my doctor induce me. Biggest mistake of my life and I will always regret it. My son has had a lifetime of issues and I know at least one of those issues is due to the induction.

Quoting redneck.crazy: Unfortunately too many people listen to just what the doctors say and don't do their own research.

Quoting ATG499:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't join Cafemom until after I had my son, but looking back I wish I had because sometimes the snarky comments are just what someone needs to open their eyes and educate themselves.

I've vowed to never have another induction or C-Section unless it's a matter of absolute life or death for either of us. Childbirth should not be an experience that is looked back upon with sadness and regret.

Quoting redneck.crazy: :-( ((Hugs)) I almost was until CM and I posted how my doc wanted to induce at 38 wks due to GD and u/s weight estimate showing him at 10 lbs and people explained how u/s can be off. I'm glad I didn't listen to my doc.
Quoting ATG499:

Quoting ATG499:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)