Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ok baby shower # 2??? Ok or Not?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:09 AM
  • 41 Replies

So I am just wondering if it is ok to have a baby shower for your seond child or is it just like your first baby kind of rule?

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I think every baby deserves their own celebration:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_on_the_run
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

It is considered bad form to have a second baby shower, however many people have it, especially if the kids are far apart in age. However if you are concerned with manners, you can have a diaper party, or not register and do the celebration as more of an announcement. Renaming the party, like the "big reveal" where you all find out the sex of the baby is a good way to get everyone together to celebrate without having a shower. But hey, if you want a baby shower, then just have one and don't worry about what people say in passing

gtubemommy2012
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 5:22 AM

If the first was one gender and the next a different one then definitely ok.

Some people think it's rude or greedy to have another, but honestly who DOESN'T have some sort of party???

If you don't need baby supplies just put "no gift required" on the invitation. If you need stuff then don't, and the people who don't like it just won't come...

Congrats ^.~

WillsMOM72
by Stephanie on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:13 AM
I think it's fine. I had two.
lillucky8
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:57 AM
I think every baby deserves a party and the momentos that come along with it. For my second we thru a baby bbq bc he was a summer baby and i put on the invite gifts werent necessary and that we just wanted to see everyone. I had a onsie and bib decorating station, and a big canvas for everyone to sign like we did for my dd so they would have momentos of their parties :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama31709
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:00 AM
I think most people USED to consider it tacky, but it has become much more accepted in recent years.
MrsErdos2011
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:13 AM
I think whatever you feel is right is the right thing to do.
abifasc
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Every baby deserves to be celebrated. I had one for both my kids and would appreciate one for this baby especially if it's a girl, but I don't expect it and won't throw one myself.
Mom100WV
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Definitely ok. 

228mommy922
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd is only 15 months old and I am fixing to have another baby shower for this baby. If someone thinks its tacky they don't have to come. Do what you want! Most wouldn't think anything bad about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)