Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you know what kind of birth you want?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
  • 42 Replies

What led you to make your decision? Did you research everything first, even if you already knew what you wanted?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachellaree20
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Ideally I'd like an unmedicated vaginal birth.  My first was a vaginal birth with an epidural but I didn't like not being able to feel my legs and found it all rather unnerving.  I think I'd rather deal with the pain than the anxiety that the numb feeling brought but I'll make a decision when the time comes.  I'm trying to look up positive med-free birth stories for encouragement because I'm a little nervous since this baby is quite a bit bigger than my first.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Would you like links to my birth stories? I've had three unmedicated births and my babies were 9lbs5oz, 9lbs3oz, and 10lbs4.5oz! :)

Quoting rachellaree20:

Ideally I'd like an unmedicated vaginal birth.  My first was a vaginal birth with an epidural but I didn't like not being able to feel my legs and found it all rather unnerving.  I think I'd rather deal with the pain than the anxiety that the numb feeling brought but I'll make a decision when the time comes.  I'm trying to look up positive med-free birth stories for encouragement because I'm a little nervous since this baby is quite a bit bigger than my first.

rachellaree20
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Definitely!  I don't have anyone irl that doesn't laugh when I say I don't want an epidural and tell me "oh you'll beg for it when you're in labor" :/  With my first the pain wasn't that unbearable but I was exhausted and ended up getting the epidural between 6 and 7 centimeters after 14 hours of labor.  This time I really want to push past that.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Would you like links to my birth stories? I've had three unmedicated births and my babies were 9lbs5oz, 9lbs3oz, and 10lbs4.5oz! :)

Quoting rachellaree20:

HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
People mocked me and laucged when I said I planned to go without pain meds. They brought up how I could hardly handle my periods. Well, it turns out that my periods were horrifically painful and labor wasn't like that for me. It was very intense and I wanted to rest but couldn't. And that was annoying. But some people ate their words when I did it. Nobody says anything now about me planning on going natural again now.

Quoting rachellaree20:

Definitely!  I don't have anyone irl that doesn't laugh when I say I don't want an epidural and tell me "oh you'll beg for it when you're in labor" :/  With my first the pain wasn't that unbearable but I was exhausted and ended up getting the epidural between 6 and 7 centimeters after 14 hours of labor.  This time I really want to push past that.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Quoting rachellaree20:

Heather2001
by Heather on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM

A home birth, possibly in water.  It's what I've wanted since my first but wasn't an option until recently.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:05 PM

People can be very hateful and disrespectful. My mother in law was so against our desire for a natural waterbirth. She even threatened my husband over it! After we did it, though, she seemed pretty ashamed of herself. 

Story for baby #1

Story for baby #2

Story for baby#3

Quoting rachellaree20:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Quoting rachellaree20:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always wanted a homebirth!

Quoting Heather2001:

A home birth, possibly in water.  It's what I've wanted since my first but wasn't an option until recently.

ELKmountain.mom
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Yes I do and yes I did, some research was after other experiences but once it came to home water birth I educated myself as much as humanly possible!
I have a strong opinion on certain parts of birth and what is "normal" but the only thing I really care about is that people do their own research. Not listen to me or their doc but to look into it themselves!
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Informed consent and refusal! ;) We're probably on the same page there.

Quoting ELKmountain.mom: Yes I do and yes I did, some research was after other experiences but once it came to home water birth I educated myself as much as humanly possible! I have a strong opinion on certain parts of birth and what is "normal" but the only thing I really care about is that people do their own research. Not listen to me or their doc but to look into it themselves!

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I do. This is #3 for us.

I have very long labors. My first was a csection after 4 days of labor. My cervix wouldn't dilate past 7 cms.

My second was a vbac. I got the epidural so that I could relax enough to dilate.

This one is the same plan.

As much as I wanted to go natural... Nothing we tried worked.

I'm ok with my choice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)