Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nausea help?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:36 AM
  • 12 Replies
Anyone have any secret tricks? I am 6 weeks and am horribly nauseated. Been drinking ginger ale, trying to eat small things every couple hours and just got the sea bands today.
Any other ideas?????
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Ginger chews worked for me!

TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I had terrible nausea around that time to it felt like I had to throw up but I never did my stomach was just so upset and so close to puking. I used to eat crackers or peanut butter and drink lots of water I even tried meds but the only way it truly felt better is when I went to throw up.
SoCalTx
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I was horribly sick I lost 20 lbs 1st trimester and half way into 2nd. Vit B12 really helped. Also if your getting nauseated stick a rubbing alcohol pad under your nose I swore by it after a nurse told me in my 2nd trimester it helped but for the first I had to go in a lot & get promethazime shots for nausea and an IV bag to keep me hydrated. But seriously I could only eat kids cereal at the time when I could eat so eat what you can & stick to it. You can get a script for promethazime in pills or suppositories it's pregnancy safe. Ask about dissolvable zofran I'm not sure what class it is but if you can get that it's helpful I take it for my migraines. Good luck
momager2two
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM
B12 sublingual tablets. Your body will absorb the most this way. I take 5000mcg daily. Its one small tablet. I take it to help with my energy level and memory problems. Ive been taking it though since before i got pregnant. B6 can also help.
annieb863
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this
With both my pregnancies I had horrible morning sickness all day long, what worked for me was a pair of the sea-band motion sickness brackets, it works by pressure point and you can wear them all day. If you have a cvs they sell then.
otoole
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:21 PM
I'm pregnant with my 3rd and been feeling the same as you since 6weeks too. It's horrible. I got the seabands too. They r helping abit. I don't feel as sick now but when I go to eat it turns my stomach just the thought of food.
katcough
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Bought the apple ginger chews today and I will see if those help. Going to also try some accupincture...anyone try that?
tsoto09
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm currently going through the same thing. I have been surviving on grilled chicken breast, fruit, ice chips and cold water...I used dh's tens unit last night on my pressure points and it helped. It's kind of the same concept as sea bands. Hope you find relief soon!
katcough
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING! I am freaking out that this could be my next 6 weeks :(

I am all day non-stop nausea. I am going to the doctor tomorrow because they are worried I may be getting dehydrated. I am trying to be tough, but this just SUCKS.

tsoto09
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM
How are you today? I'm not so hot...I did manage to eat well today, I took some zofran from my Dr and while it DID help, it also gave me horrible heart burn, so I'm not sure if I will keep taking it. I tried some mozzarella sticks from Sonic because my niece SWORE by them even though they aren't very healthy for you but....they really DID settle the nausea for awhile...I'm just praying that this goes away sooner this time around. Hope you are ok:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN