Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Almost 30...

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay ladies I need some advice here. I'm almost 30 years old and just recently found out I was pregnant with my second child. I'm not really freaking out over the whole pregnancy because I'm a grown adult and I'm stable and money wise I'm able to care for the child. My thing is, I have a 7 year old which would mean I was in my early (very early) 20's when I had her. I do not remember the pregnancy being so rough in the being. Now that I'm pregnant all I want to do is lay in bed every single day. I have no energy at all, I feel terrible every single day, I have no desire to eat and have to force myself to eat three meals a day. Its almost like I'm in a stage of depression and there is know reason that I would be depressed, I'm just saying it sort of seems that way. Have any of you mothers gotten pregnant and you're older now? and it wasn't your first child? Did you happen to have the same experience that I am having? Is this because I'm getting older? I know the older a woman gets the harder it is for her to carry a child, but I can't believe the tow its taken on me already and I'm know where near even being out of my first trimester. 

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Pregnancy is different for everyone and can be for every one. For me my second (I was 33 years old) was my hardest on me. My third when I was 36 years old was my best pregnancy.

Melodee0119
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:41 PM
I am 29 and have a 7 yr old and pregnant with my second and it's been that way pretty much from day one and I am 33 weeks now. It was been super hard in my body much harder then I remember . Good luck
LadyHawk_13
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:58 PM
I'm 30 an found out that I am due in February. My daughter turns 8 in October. An I am exhausted after what feels like doing little or nothing. Most everything makes me nauseous but I wouldn't change it for the world I lost my twin girls at almost 21 weeks in November. The worst now is constant mood swings. Try keeping a journal or talking to someone you trust.
HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Every pregnancy can be different regardless of age.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I have found just every pregnancy is so different.  I hope you feel better!

babie113
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Hugs im almost 30 expecting #2 .my first I was 24 and it was rough I was so sick all the time and this time im not as sick but im exhausted all the time .feel like my son has had to grow up a lot this past 9months because ive been so tired I feel like such a bad mommy .this is definitely my last baby
Mommyoftgp
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. I understand each pregnancy  is different I just wondered if anyone had noticed it happen to be much worse as they got holder. Again thank you all 

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Hey:)
I have a 6 yo and a 4 yo. I am 30. My daughter will be 7 in nov. I am 36 weeks pregnant with our third.

This pregnancy has been completely different from my first 2! On the plus side, no morning sickness and I have had very little to NO swelling in my feet and hands. Pretty amazing.
However, I did experience some extreme fatigue in my first tri, and am getting it again, along with a touch of insomnia at night (figures, right?!). I also had bleeding in my first tri, which was scary since I never had that before.

Anyways, second tri was fabulous. I had my normal energy and I even kept up my workouts. I started to fade again around 32-33 weeks & get fatigued easily now.
This pregnancy has been fabulous the majority of the time! I also have not gained nearly as much weight.

I think we are older and wiser this time around and know what we like and don't like & listen to our bodies more .

kodasmommie25
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM
I'm on my second my DS is 5 1/2 and this pregnancy has been so different. I've been super sick all day, sore, tired, etc. just think it will be over soonish and you'll have a little bundle of joy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)