Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

-UPDATE: They're here! PICS!- I'm having the babies tonight!

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:37 PM
  • 67 Replies
14 moms liked this

UPDATE!!!!

Thanks to everyone who sent prayers! The babies and I are both doing good.

Unfortunately, Baby A decided to turn breech at the last minute and then his brother followed so we were not able to have a vaginal delivery. Devin Carter and Aaron Davis were born at 1:56am and 1:58am by c-section. Their weights are 4 lbs 9 oz and 6 lbs 5 oz. I'm not sure on their lengths yet.

My biggest fear has always been c-section and I just knew I would panic and have a nervous breakdown if it ever came to that... but once I knew we had no other option and that was the safest way to go for the sake of the babies' health, I felt totally calm and at peace with it. I didn't freak out... not even a little. lol. And the surgery went very well.

The babies are in the NICU and I am still recovering and receiving magnesium through my IV which I will be on until 24 hours from the birth. They don't really like to let you out and about until the magnesium is stopped but I'm hoping if my blood pressures stay stable my nurse will wheel me down to the NICU to see my boys soon!

Right now my belly and legs are still about halfway numb so I'm not feeling the full impact yet but I'm sure I'll be pretty sore later! All the doctors and nurses have been great and they are taking good care of us.

I'm 33+4 with twin boys and I've been in the hospital for 5 days due to preeclampsia.... as most of you already know. So all day today my bp has been very high...so the doctor said it's time to deliver. They just put in a new IV and I'm in the labor room hooked up and ready to get things started. Praying for a fast and safe delivery and two healthy babies!

I am scared and nervous even though I have given birth to 5 kids. Every time is different. I will say one thing though... I'll be giving dh 2 awesome Father's Day gifts. lol

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sspaschal2427
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Good luck... I hope everything goes well dear! Keep us posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

You and the babies will be in my thoughts and I hope everything goes smoothly.  And I agree your dh is getting one of the best fathers day gifts :)

m0mmy0ftw02012
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Good luck!! Hope everything goes well :) I hope to see pics of the babies!

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Good luck for all of you.
JunkYdMom
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Good luck! I was super scared and nervous with my twins too. I hope it all goes smoothly.
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Yay! Cant wait to hear how it went :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzemom
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:32 PM
GladToHeaR They Were Able To Stay In A Little Longer praying For A Good Delivery And A Safe Hospital stay
laurenmommyof3
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
God bless you and your babies. I'm 34 weeks please update on the twins after their out.
kamismommy1208
by Jen on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Good luck! What a great fathers day blessing!
wesleymom
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Praying for you and your boys
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)