Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Exercising

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
What are y'all thoughts about exercising why pregnant is it dangerous safe healthy?!!!! All opinions welcome
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM
I was working out moderately until 37w
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momager2two
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Everything i have seen/read shows that its very healthy unless your ob tells you not to. I have been jogging and using some of the machines at the ymca for my arms. I can definately feel the difference on the days i dont exercise. Im tired, and cranky.
Rebekh1213
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:04 PM
I go for walks, but then I spot. . . what does this mean? (I think I am 13 weeks. . . waiting on tests).
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Exercise is important. Just don't start anything new. Exercise is known to help labor.

Zion_Zoey2012
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I have to give u a bump on that I'm not exactly sure..... I'm only 1 month so I don't know what it will hurt!

Quoting Rebekh1213: I go for walks, but then I spot. . . what does this mean? (I think I am 13 weeks. . . waiting on tests).
MixedCooke
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be 30 weeks pregnant on Tuesday and I have been working out a minimum of 5 days per week with light swimming and walking on the weekends.  I lift weights, do ab exercises and cardio still.  I think exercising while pregnant is more dependent on your type of pregnancy such as high risk, multiples, history of preterm, etc. but is overall good for you to strengthen your body so you suffer less body aches and can carry the baby easier even after birth, monitor your diet and build up your stamina/endurance during labor, as well as to be able to lose the weight quicker after birth.  I have even lost a little over 5 lbs since becoming pregnant.

karaklett
by Kara on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:59 AM
I was powerlifting before getting pregnant. I'm not doing that now (sad face) but I am still lifting weights. Just a lighter weight for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Keeping up your normal routine while pregnant is usually safe unless youre doing heavy lifting. The idea is to just not overdo it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Check with your Dr first but generally, light to moderate exercise is okay, especially if you were active pre pregnancy.
BeFit-Mom
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:47 PM

If you have a normal "low risk" pregnancy then exercise is safe.

Prenatal exercise provide many profound benefits to both you and your developing baby. Babies born to moms who exercised regularly during pregnancy are stronger, healthier, and even smarter than babies born to sedentary moms.

For mom, exercise reduces the risk of many pregnancy complications and labor interventions, boosts maternal immune system, and helps to prevent excessive fat storage.

Because aerobic exercise provides - by far - the most benefits, make this your primary fitness activity. To find out more specifics, google my screen name.

BeFit-Mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN