Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Dont no what to do!!

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:49 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ok so i took a pregnancy test last week and it was positive and according to calculations ill b 7 weeks in couple days i didnt have insurance so i havent been to any doctors in years well now i have insurance and called around to find some where to go but no one will see me with out my insurance card which i have not recieved yet all i got was a letter saying i have insurance and the letters good for 30 day till i get my card. Do i wait a couple weeks and hope my card comes in fast ?? Do i keep calling around??? I just want to make sure everything is good. :(  

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paigesmommy78
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:53 AM
What about a walk in clinic
amberNewman0213
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Did u tell them u have a letter? If you did and they still won't take u just wait till younger your card. I know my obgyn didn't see me until I was about 10 weeks along for an ultrasound. I did go to the doctor after getting my positive test but only for them to test me and sign papers and take blood but they can do that when u get your card. In the meantime take prenatels and go out about your day until you get your card no biggie. :)
lillucky8
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I would call the insurance company and ask about your card. And you shouldnt need the card to be seen, the paper should be sufficient for them for billing purposes. My doc didnt see me til 10ish weeks anyway so you might be all set
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy4life15
by Ashley on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:29 AM
What insurance do you have? I know you can sign up online for certain insurances (UnitedHealth care, Humana, Aetna, etc) and you can print a temporary card out.
pooh2you1985
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM
you should be able to print a temporary card or they gave you your insurance number that you'll be able to use
StaciF
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:41 AM
I never have my first appointment till 11 or 12 weeks so if you can't go till you have a card you aren't behind or late by any means. But if you aren't comfortable waiting keep calling
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Call the insurance get your groping and policy number or call a obgyn and tell them you have insurance your just waiting on the card and some will look up you insurance information till you get your card or you could make an appointment a week or two from now and you should have your card by then use doesn't take to long.
Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:29 AM
It's fine to wait.

Know*
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:29 AM
My office won't see you before 10/12 weeks unless your bleeding. Which from my CM reading is more common then people like to think.
kylensmom1229
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:46 AM

The letter should suffice- as long as it has your member ID #/group ... and if the letter says its good for 30 days til you get your card, chances are the card is on its way. Another week or 2 isn't going to make a difference. But just for peace of mind you can call the insurance company and explain the urgency.  Are there any free women's clinics in your area??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN