Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone else have a doctor obsessed with

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM
  • 19 Replies
Your weight? Idk why but my doc is crazy about my weight every time I gain a pound he tells me to slow down otherwise it will be hard for me to lose it after baby. This baby I stated out about 119 to 120 and now at almost 21 weeks I'm 131 which isn't that bad. It's not like I'm crazy over weight. With my son I started at 98 and got up to 140 both while I was pregnant and after I never changed my diet or really did anything to try to lose weight and yet by the time my ds was about a year old I was already back down to a size 2 and I wasn't even breastfeeding.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
baby development
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:36 AM

thats ridiculous.

i am overweight and my dr isnt concerned about my weight at all

VicVinegar
by Keila on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with pp, my doctor, actually I've had 3 doctors for my 4 pregnancies and NONE of them have said anything to me about weight even though with odd I started out at 115 and got all the way up to 170!!

Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:59 AM
I don't know what it is about this doctor. He is a good doctor with everything else just this one thing is really annoying. But I usually just ignore him about go back to doing whatever I want lol

Quoting VicVinegar:

I agree with pp, my doctor, actually I've had 3 doctors for my 4 pregnancies and NONE of them have said anything to me about weight even though with odd I started out at 115 and got all the way up to 170!!

baby development
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Im 20w4d and up 11lbs. Started at 125 and now 136. My midwives say im gaining perfectly. I think your doc is crazy!
Libby22
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM

My doctor is making me go for monthly ultrasounds because I "haven't gained the amount of weight normal for my height." I'm 35 weeks 6 days and I've gained TWENTY freaking pounds! What does he want me to do, force feed myself to 50 pounds?! I eat three full meals a day and dessert every night. I guess he's just being precautious.

Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:39 AM
I'm the same I've only gained about 11 pounds but my doc thinks it is too much.

Quoting lovemytwo88: Im 20w4d and up 11lbs. Started at 125 and now 136. My midwives say im gaining perfectly. I think your doc is crazy!
baby development
Heather2001
by Heather on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM

No, I've had three different care providers during my four pregnancies and none of them have been concerned with weight gain.  With my first, I started out at 128 and gained 50 lbs.  Starting at your weight, it's perfectly normal to gain what you did.  I'd tell him that you aren't concerned about your weight gain and neither should he and leave it at that.

Allebas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Oh brother! Nope! My Dr was never like that! I had to see an OB/GYN and a perinatologist with baby #5. The nurse at the peri office freaked that I had lost 5 pounds in one month! She even asked me if I was eating! I was like wth? My DH was with me! I told her that yes I eat and to ask my DH if I eat! I told her the morning sickness was so bad, I had to force myself to eat! I told my OB about this nurse worrying about my weight loss and she told me not to worry about it. I gained back that weight plus gained a few more! My DD was born perfectly healthy and fine! Stupid nurse!
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I wish my doc was. I gave into cravings way too much and was never told to take it easy or I might have listened. Your doc is right it is hard to lose it if you're gaining from food like me (I lived on orange slice candy lol).
Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I would tell him to shut up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)