Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do kids just know????

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ive always heard that kids just know when theres something different about their mommies..My bf's mom told me when she was pregnant with his sister she told him and said "I know" and that he wanted to name her shawna.  My step mom and my dad are pregnant with their second baby and their first child (my little sister) who is 16 months has been clinging to my step mom more than usual.  IDK call me crazy but ive always heard stories of young kids just "knowing" that theres another baby on the way.  Well today my son whos almost 4 tells me that theres a baby in mommys belly!! Some of you might have seen my recent post that im 3dpo and experiencing dull cramping, gassy (tmi sorry), when i dont normally get these till AF is due.  So im like does he know something i dont?? Has anyone else experienced this with there kids???

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:03 AM
My ds is extra clingy. My dd hasn't said anything. So idk. But our dog is up my butt all day. Lol
Lala06
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:12 AM
My dd started and still is more attached to me since I knew about being pregnant. Ds 3 keeps telling me his brother is coming soon 😊 so I'm hoping he knows
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Yes! A couple of days before I found out I was pregnant with my second child, DS1 pointed to my belly and said baby (we had never talked about that sort of thing with him yet). He kept messing with my belly too. I think kids have some kind of sixth sense regarding pregnancy.

mamabyrd86
by Heather on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Back in January before my miscarriage, my dd just walked right up to me, pulled my shirt up and said baby 3 times lol. She knew before I did lol. This time around, she's been really clingy and when dh told her that there was a baby in mommies tummy and that she was gonna be a big sister she said "why daddy" lol it was cute. I can't lift over 25 pounds so I can't hold dd but she's always in my lap when I'm sitting down :)
rissat79
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM

My yougest is 18 months and ever since i hit my 2nd trimester he has been very mommy boyish. Before he was good with me picking him up but now he is always following me every where in the house, and a pick me up hog! With my 2.5yr old SO has him talk to my belly (baby), I haven't told my oldest yet, she is 9yrs old and her dad and sm just had a new baby. But she looks towards my belly and quickly away when i catch her. She knows, we are tellign her next week when she comes for the summer.

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM

A week before I gave birth to my twins at 24 weeks my daughter kept saying the babies wanted to come out and say hello, and I kept telling her "I hope not, they won't survive if they were born right now." and she said "but they don't know that mommy."

They were born a week later at 24 weeks. :(

rachellaree20
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I got pregnant with this baby when my daughter was 7 months old so I really didn't notice much change in her other than her rejecting my breastmilk but I think that was more because my supply dropped suddenly than her knowing about the pregnancy.  I bet with older kids it's a bit different though.

courtAKAmommy
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids are 9 6 and 3. They were asking for a new sibling which was very new. They haven't acted differently but they are all old enough to know I'm pregnant and what that means. However they are a lot more gentle with me and check on how I'm feeling even my 3 year old.
Funny story though. A month before I got pregnant with my youngest my 9 year old prayed at church for a baby sister. I laughed it off but then found out I was pregnant. Afterwards I knew it had to be a girl because of my daughters prayer. And she gotten exactly what she wanted.
ZennMomma
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:39 AM
My son " figured" it out lol
We didn't tell until I was about 8 weeks. But my son said he had noticed me being different.

I think children are more observant than adults. Also, my cat knew before I tested lol she acts a particular way when I'm pregnant and she's done it this whole pregnancy.
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:56 AM
My DD became over attached to me out of no where and found out soon after I was pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)