Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

ok I have probably the dumbest question ever!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM
  • 85 Replies

You know how caffeine can stunt your growth? Well what if you drink caffeine while pregnant, will it stunt your baby's growth!??

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
summerbear
by Rachel on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I haven't heard of that. I avoid it because of all the other risks and just normal side effects from it while pregnant.

Closet_Case
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM
12 moms liked this
If it does my baby will be a freaking midget when he's born
VicVinegar
by Keila on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Lmao!! That's hilarious! 

I try to stick to my one cup of coffee in the morning, every once in awhile though I'll have a bad day where I not only drink my one cup of coffee but I'll also have a Dr. Pepper (or two)!

I make small babies as it is so I don't want to stunt them any further!

Quoting Closet_Case: If it does my baby will be a freaking midget when he's born

Closet_Case
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:25 AM
I drink water and Pepsi, I looooove crushed ice and Pepsi bc it gives me both plus lowers my caffeine withdrawals

Quoting VicVinegar:

Lmao!! That's hilarious! 

I try to stick to my one cup of coffee in the morning, every once in awhile though I'll have a bad day where I not only drink my one cup of coffee but I'll also have a Dr. Pepper (or two)!

I make small babies as it is so I don't want to stunt them any further!

Quoting Closet_Case: If it does my baby will be a freaking midget when he's born

Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I don't know what caffeine does to the baby while pregnant but I enjoy a cup of ice coffee (to hot for hot coffee lol) every now and then. I know your can have some caffeine just not a lot.
VicVinegar
by Keila on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Caffeine is a drug. It has all sorts of nasty chemicals in it that we really shouldn't be putting into our bodies regardless of being pregnant. All that being said if I don't have my cup of coffee in the morning, well it's not pretty to say the least!

Quoting summerbear:

I haven't heard of that. I avoid it because of all the other risks and just normal side effects from it while pregnant.

esox
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Caffeine will not stunt yours or your baby's growth.That is a pretty silly question. But certainly not the dumbest I've ever seen on cafemom. I think that honor goes to the lady that asked if she hurt her baby because she saw a spider and got scared. 

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

my Dr told me to drink one can of coke a day because the caffiene helps my migraines. I cannot take my normal meds while pregnant!!

kat090108
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:54 AM
My doctor told to just limit my caffeine intake. I have drank coffee with all my kids and not one has had their growth stunted. My 15 year old is almost 6 foot tall and my 6 year is 45 inches. So so don't fret, you can still have your caffeine 😁
VicVinegar
by Keila on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Lol that's funny!
Yeah I didn't really mean a "dumb" question, more of just a silly question! But caffeine CAN stunt your growth if you drink enough of it in early adolescence, at least that's what my dr said

Quoting esox:

Caffeine will not stunt yours or your baby's growth.That is a pretty silly question. But certainly not the dumbest I've ever seen on cafemom. I think that honor goes to the lady that asked if she hurt her baby because she saw a spider and got scared. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN