Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is this normal?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM
  • 27 Replies

Dh and I fell in love with the name Nathaniel for our little boy from the very beginning of the first trimester, but now at 28 weeks I'm seriously reconsidering this name. I still love it, but everytime I talk to someone who's also pregnant with a boy, they tell me they're planning on naming their child Nathan/Nathaniel as well =( 

I just really don't want my child to be known as Nathan R. or Nathan #5 in class. Dh is open to the idea of a new name but so far he's shot down all the other ones I like lol. Has anyone else changed the name at the very end? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that happens to more people than you think.  I was rarely set on a name before the end of my pregnancies - I'd either change my mind or just get sick of them.  Keep your options open.  Maybe go into the birth with 2-3 name choices and make your mind up when you finally meet him.  =)

myloveismyfaith
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I did. I saved all my baby shower cards for dd, but they all have the name Jasmine in them. In the end I decided to name her faith instead. She's gonna be so confused as to why no one gave her baby shower cards.
Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:46 PM
I'm 21 weeks and we just found out Monday that we are having a girl. Her name will be Sophia Alexandria. I know Sophia is very common right now but we really love it and as long as you love it that is all that matters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
baby development
SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Lol we just sent out baby shower invitations with the name Nathaniel embarrassed

Quoting myloveismyfaith: I did. I saved all my baby shower cards for dd, but they all have the name Jasmine in them. In the end I decided to name her faith instead. She's gonna be so confused as to why no one gave her baby shower cards.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:52 PM

think it's common to second guess yourself. If this baby is a boy I have decided on the name Nathan which probably makes you want to change it even more now.

Since you both love the name rather than let it go maybe you can use it as a middle name.

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this
No last min changes for us but I also ran our potential names thru the Social Security Admin website to see how popular our choices were over the last couple years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Yes, yes it does lol. I'm pretty sure Nathan is going to be in the top ten boy names for 2014 now. We're using James for the middle after DH, his middle name is James as well. 

Quoting DACIA79:

think it's common to second guess yourself. If this baby is a boy I have decided on the name Nathan which probably makes you want to change it even more now.

Since you both love the name rather than let it go maybe you can use it as a middle name.

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:05 PM

This is what I've been doing with the new names lol I don't want anything in the top 100 now 

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: No last min changes for us but I also ran our potential names thru the Social Security Admin website to see how popular our choices were over the last couple years.

HolliBerry21
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 24 weeks and might be changing the name.. I just don't know what one I want to go with for sure. 

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM

For some odd reason I love the name it's weird because I have 3 boys and have never had a interest in the name before.

I think it will be a good sibling name match for my kids .I have Hunter, Connor, and Damien so I think Nathan will be a good fit.

Quoting SecondChance709:

Yes, yes it does lol. I'm pretty sure Nathan is going to be in the top ten boy names for 2014 now. We're using James for the middle after DH, his middle name is James as well. 

Quoting DACIA79:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN