Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

which test is right?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  • 24 Replies
Tuesday night I took a dollar store test that was bfp. This morning I went to the dr and they said it was bfn.
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
Hurry up Monday we wanna see our baby again!
Yesterday at 1:20 AM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:58 PM
It's possible! Did you have a urine test or blood work done?
tabbycat907
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Urine

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: It's possible! Did you have a urine test or blood work done?
Avetay
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:05 PM
When yoy went to the dr did you pee with in an hour before going? You could be pregnant and just didnt have enough hormones at the dr.
Retest in a day or two
tabbycat907
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:07 PM
It had been about 4-5 hours. It was about that with the hpt too though.

Quoting Avetay: When yoy went to the dr did you pee with in an hour before going? You could be pregnant and just didnt have enough hormones at the dr.
Retest in a day or two
HisUsmcWifey
Hurry up Monday we wanna see our baby again!
Yesterday at 1:20 AM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Then it could show a negative when you're really pregnant. If you didn't hold long enough you didn't have enough hcg in your urine to test positive. Id have them retest and also ask for blood work.

Quoting tabbycat907: Urine

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: It's possible! Did you have a urine test or blood work done?
tabbycat907
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:14 PM
They want me to wait 2 more weeks for a blood test. I'm going to test again soon. I'm just anxious lol.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: Then it could show a negative when you're really pregnant. If you didn't hold long enough you didn't have enough hcg in your urine to test positive. Id have them retest and also ask for blood work.

Quoting tabbycat907: Urine

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:02 AM
I would ask for a blood test. They work for you. If you want it, they should order it. If you can wait 2 weeks, ok but I would never have been able to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Did the doctor do a blood test? Sometimes the urine tests at the doctors offices aren't set up to detect a pregnancy so early. If it's a blood test I'd do a re-draw in a few days to be sure. False positives do happen occasionally.

tabbycat907
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I had to see a different dr because my dr didn't have any appointments this week. The dr I saw didn't seem to want to do anything. I'm going to take another hpt and if it comes up positive too I'll make an appointment with my regular ob.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: I would ask for a blood test. They work for you. If you want it, they should order it. If you can wait 2 weeks, ok but I would never have been able to.
tabbycat907
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Just a urine. But if the next hpt is positive too I'll see my regular ob and she'll do whatever I ask. It's possible it's just too early for the urine test since af isn't due for 3 more days yet. Really the reason I even tested is because I've been throwing up since Monday.

Quoting Devious103102:

Did the doctor do a blood test? Sometimes the urine tests at the doctors offices aren't set up to detect a pregnancy so early. If it's a blood test I'd do a re-draw in a few days to be sure. False positives do happen occasionally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)