Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

30 weeks advice needed please

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am on to my third pregnancy. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant. The last couple of days I have been having a lot of period-like cramping. It has been coming and going through out the day and night. Its not painful, just very uncomfortable. The last 2 days I have also been having sharp pains and pressure shooting through my cervix. It also comes and goes throughout the day and is quite painful. Has anyone else had anything similar? Possibly a uti?
Resting doesn't make it ease up and baby is not yet engaged.
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jae414
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:46 AM
I cramped during the entire 3rd trimester. It was just my body's way of gearing up for labor. As for the pain and pressure in the cervix, I started that right before I went into labor. I'm not saying you're about to go into labor; just that your body could be just getting ready. A uti will be accompanied by a burning, extreme pain mostly when you pee. At least in my experience with them it was like that.
G-BabysMom
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:09 AM
I'm 34 weeks and had some cramping not too bad but baby did push her way around in there while she had a growth spurt.
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:13 AM
I get the shooting pains in my cervix, too. I also get crampiness/contractions as well!
You could call your OB or GP and get checked for a uti, just to be safe.
Tenderheart3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:25 AM
It could be a combination of round ligament pain and constipation. That's what I think it is for me because I'm almost 32 weeks and I have similar pain. Tell your doctor.
melindabelcher
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Sounds like how my braxton hicks were with my kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN