Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

nightmares..

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
So im 21weeks pregnant now and im alrdy too freaked out about it! Im having this really bad nightmares for about 2 months now! The nightmares have to do with me giving birth but i wont get into any more detail. The worst part is that i dont wake up from these nightmares.. my mom says she hears me screaming and rolling around the bed while shes slapping me and i still dont wake up.. this leads to me not getting any sleep or very little.. i am wondering if this is going to harm my baby..;/ would be very nice if you could give me some tips or just share experiences/knowledge on the subject!
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
summerbear
by Rachel on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:01 AM

So scary! When I get bad dreams I wake up right away, I couldn't imagine the dream continuing! Can you talk to your OB about it?

VicVinegar
by Keila on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Maybe try unisom before you go to bed? Also don't eat chocolate or have caffeine at night. Oh and before you go to sleep make a list of at least 10 things you are eternally grateful for, that way you're going to sleep with positive thoughts.

Other than that just take solace in the fact that crazy pregnancy dreams/nightmares are 100% normal. With all of the hormones surging through your body it can cause your dreams to take a crazy turn for the worse. 

LizaM23
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Thanks a lot!! :)))

Quoting VicVinegar:

Maybe try unisom before you go to bed? Also don't eat chocolate or have caffeine at night. Oh and before you go to sleep make a list of at least 10 things you are eternally grateful for, that way you're going to sleep with positive thoughts.

Other than that just take solace in the fact that crazy pregnancy dreams/nightmares are 100% normal. With all of the hormones surging through your body it can cause your dreams to take a crazy turn for the worse. 

LizaM23
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM
What does OB mean..? ;/ im new here

Quoting summerbear:

So scary! When I get bad dreams I wake up right away, I couldn't imagine the dream continuing! Can you talk to your OB about it?

summerbear
by Rachel on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Obstetrician, baby doctor. The person you see once a month to check on the progress of the baby. If you don't see and OB, do you have a mid-wife?

Quoting LizaM23: What does OB mean..? ;/ im new here
Quoting summerbear:

LizaM23
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Yeah ill see my Dr. In about 2weeks... was just wondering if any of the moms here had similar cases and if they did, then how did they solve them!

Quoting summerbear:

Obstetrician, baby doctor. The person you see once a month to check on the progress of the baby. If you don't see and OB, do you have a mid-wife?

Quoting summerbear:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 21, 2014 at 4:34 PM

It sounds like you may need an in-person support group!!

plebe1990
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Hello im 27 weeks with twins and i kinda understand how you feel around that time i would have dreams of one baby being stillborn and many other things but i stopped i didnt do.anything but that about my dreams to get th out of my system maybe you should do that and also talk about your fears

Quoting LizaM23: Yeah ill see my Dr. In about 2weeks... was just wondering if any of the moms here had similar cases and if they did, then how did they solve them!

Quoting summerbear:

Quoting summerbear:

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Nightmares during pregnancy are normal. I too would sometimes not wake up and continue to have the dream over and over but I would be attempting to change the results.

This pregnancy I've been having some very sadistic, disturbing sexual dreams to the point where I am embarrassed that my mind would create such scenarios.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN