Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

slightly worried...a little tmi *update1**update2*

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:22 AM
  • 20 Replies

So I'm 22 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Last night as I laid down to go to sleep all of a sudden I felt almost like a gush of fluid in between my legs, got up to use the restroom and a bunch more came out. Suspecting it was only pee I cleaned myself up and went back to sleep....like 5 mins later more fluid. I ended up sleeping wit a towel between my legs. When I got up I didn't feel as though I needed to pre and I was still I guess leaking this fluid. I have this odd feeling and worried something might be wrong because I never experienced this with my first pregnancy.

Is this normal or doctor worthy?

*****UPDATE*******
Well spoke to my Dr. She requested I go.in to the L&D to get it checked. The nurse didn't think it was much to worry about. Did the test and turns out there is a rupture. They just finished my ultrasound and now I'm waiting on the Dr to check that out and come.talk to.me. the nurse said if the doctor is concerned then I will.probably be kept in the hospital for the next few weeks to monitor baby's growth and keep.me pregnant as long as possible. Prayers are appreciated!!!

*****UPDATE 2******

From the looks of my ultra sound my water did break but there is still fluid around the baby. So the dr said i will be staying for the weekend and seeing how things go and monday will decide if i need to stay in the hospital longer or if im ok to go home.

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sabrinarose86
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:36 AM
I'm not sure but it sounds like your water broke. I would contact your physician right away so you can get a better answer and you'll then know if everything is alright. I would freak out if that happened! I hope everything is okay, please keep us posted!
Lilys_Mommy11
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:40 AM
I would contact physician right away or get your butt to your emergency room
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Doctor worthy for sure!!
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Um yeah definitely doctor worthy like ASAP. I can't believe you held out this long, I'd be freaking out! Keep us posted!
WillsMOM72
by Stephanie on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM
You need to go to the doctor ASAP. Sounds like your water broke.
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:18 AM

it sounds like your water broke. please go to er and have them test the fluid!!

Mommytotwo2014
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Definitely go to the er ASAP.
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:12 AM
ER now!!!!
RMslady
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Good Luck mama, keep us updated on what the doc says! Sending good thoughts.
melindabelcher
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:59 PM
((Hugs))
Hope everything is ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)