Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When did you start showing??

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:03 AM
  • 23 Replies

I feel like it's not normal to have any kind of bump until you're at the end of your second trimester, but I'm basing that on more or less nothing, and now I'm curious.

I'm only eight weeks, but I have a distinct little bump. I honestly thought it was just weight gain from eating, but a drs appt confirmed that I actually haven't gained any. When I mentioned that to my mother though, she said she started showing immediately. Does it matter that I was underweight before conception? I know this is crazy, but I really don't want to miss a single progress picture haha. Same time, I don't really want to take a photo of my chub hahahaha

SO when did you start showing?! 

by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulietteM23
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:09 AM
I am about to hit 6 wks with my second and I already have a bit of a bump. My stomach rounded out so much but it could just be bloat maybe? Not sure lol
abharper
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Nobody could tell I was pregnant until 26 weeks. Im now 28 weeks and everyone comments about how pregnant I look.
mamabyrd86
by Heather on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:17 AM

With my dd I started showing around 6-7 weeks. I never lost the baby weight so this time around it looks like I'm further along than what I really am lol I'm roughly 9-10 weeks along but will know for sure tuesday when my dr does a sonogram to find out.  ( I have irregular periods)

momtotwo08
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I'm 16 weeks and just started to show over the past week or two.
tiffa5ny
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:26 AM
The more babies you've had the faster you will show, but they usually say somewhere around the 12 week mark for first time mommy's is when you have to worry about people starting to notice. I'm oddly shaped so I don't know exactly when I stated showing. I'm 40+2 and people are still afraid to comment because they are afraid I'm just fat. Lol.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:41 AM
I had alot of bloat around 10wks I started to actually show around 15 wks with my second child and not until 27wks with my first and even then I only looked like a few months
ATG499
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:42 AM

I started showing between 6 and 9 weeks. I didn't realize it until I compared pictures...

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

(If you're on my Facebook, please don't say anything yet!!) 

everadullmoment
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 5:03 AM

I started showing around 8 weeks but this isn't my first pregnancy. 

lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1st pregnancy-after 20wks
2nd- around 15wks
3rd-9wks
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:20 PM

1st hubby and I noticed at 8 weeks and everyone else at 12 weeks. Second everyone could tell at 9 weeks and with my third child and sixth pregnancy you could tell at 4 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)