Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

At what age......

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:33 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
At what age would you or have you explain to your other children how babies are born? Not how they are made but where the come out of lol. Also if anyone has left older siblings witness a birth and at what age?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pmsforlife
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:34 AM
I tell my kids how they come out. Not a big deal. They are 3,5,7
ZPK
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:36 AM
My seven year old recently asked, because I'm pregnant. I answered honestly only what she asked and wasn't graphic.
228mommy922
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd is just 15 months I have just told her mommy has a baby in her tummy and he is going to be here soon. She kisses my belly and says baby. But I know she doesn't understand really. Lol

I watched a birth at 10 years old.
mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:31 AM
My children were 2, 4, and 6 when their sister was born. I've always told them the truth if they ask. It's nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about.
MixedCooke
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I tell them plainly that they come out Mommy's tushy(vag) and get milk from Mommy's boobies, that Daddies have seeds and we have eggs and that the seeds meet the eggs and make the babies.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM

My girls saw their sister born when they were 6 years old and 3 years old. My oldest knew at 3 years old when our second was born. She was not there but she could have been. My youngest at three knows already. They ask and we tell them truthfully.

abifasc
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM
My oldest is three and asks how the baby will come out and I tell him the baby will grow and grow and grow until one day I'll tell the doctor that it's time for the baby to come out, then I'll go to the hospital and the baby will come out a special door God made just for the baby. I'm very general with him. I have no desire to get too detailed with him right now at his age.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:41 PM

When I was preg with DD3 my DD1 & 2 were 4.5 and 3, they asked how they the baby was going to get out of my belly so I sat down and we watched a couple of those birthing shows on TLC. It helped, lol. 

StaciF
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:46 PM
I've told all mine (7/5/3/1) - it was easier to explain mommies have an extra hole in their bottoms the baby comes out of. I didn't want them thinking I poop out the babies or that they might poop out a baby!! I've told the oldest if they have more questions we can sit down and talk and we've done that and gone into more detail
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM

My almost 11 yo doesn't know yet but we will have that chat soon since her period is around the corner. Shes away for the summer for the most part and will be back in August so we will have the chat then. But it's different for her since she doesn't understand things as easily. She has developmental delay with autism and even though she's very smart, some things are way over her head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)