Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Tests say positive but....

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM
  • 15 Replies
So my hubby to be and I split almost a month ago. My last period was approx. 2-3wks prior to splitting up. I got kinda worried and took a test. I got anxious and took another. After they both came back, I freaked out and literally bought 25 more almost all different. All same answer. This was Monday morning.
Tuesday morning I thought it was just my over thinking and bought another. Same answer but it was faint. Still readable.

I just had a miscarry in April so how is this even possible? I talked to an online gyno and a/he said look for symptoms. Tuesday afternoon I came up with this
Hair loss like a cat shedding
Feet hurting slightly
My mood has jumped up and down, angry sad happy crying hyper bummed cheery for the last week.
My back is killing me.

I got to work at 11pm and now my back stomach sides head feet and shoulders hurts.
I feel hungry but I just ate so..
I'm having to go to cooler at work to keep cool (I love being toasty warm)
Not comfortable at all

All tests say positive but how after a miscarriage?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AustinsMommy007
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Did you have sex between April and the split? It's certainly possible to have conceived again. I can't imagine there are any left over hormones from your previous pregnancy. I would call and set up at dr appt to confirm. Good luck!
mommyrebecca
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:39 AM
Yes. I know that was pretty obvious, sex creates possible pregnancy. I had my period once between April and breakup. Dr said be careful cause I could conceive again but I don't see this being anything but a nightmare unless they're truly is baby inside.

*scared and lost*

Quoting AustinsMommy007: Did you have sex between April and the split? It's certainly possible to have conceived again. I can't imagine there are any left over hormones from your previous pregnancy. I would call and set up at dr appt to confirm. Good luck!
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Your body is actually more fertile right after an early miscarriage so if you and your husband had sex it is very possible.   I would go to the doctor and get checked out.

AustinsMommy007
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:11 AM
I would set up an appt with your dr they can do a blood test and check your levels and you can go from there. I hope everything turns out ok. Good luck!

Quoting mommyrebecca: Yes. I know that was pretty obvious, sex creates possible pregnancy. I had my period once between April and breakup. Dr said be careful cause I could conceive again but I don't see this being anything but a nightmare unless they're truly is baby inside.

*scared and lost*

Quoting AustinsMommy007: Did you have sex between April and the split? It's certainly possible to have conceived again. I can't imagine there are any left over hormones from your previous pregnancy. I would call and set up at dr appt to confirm. Good luck!
StaciF
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:17 AM
I miscarried at 10 weeks on feb 20th. We conceived again around march 5th and I had a positive test march 16th. I'm now 18 weeks. It's possible to get pregnant again that fast - see your doctor for bloodwork to confirm
november117
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Agree with everything the ladies said.
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:11 AM
I would make an ob appt to confirm,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fontainesgirl91
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Good luck
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Because after any pregnancy (giving birth or loss) you tend to be a bit more on the "fertile" side. The MAIN reason most doctors will tell you to wait at least one full cycle after a loss to become pregnant is because then you have a beter chance to properlly "date" the pregnancy, some women become pregnant within 2 weeks of a loss and it makes it a bit more "difficult" till a u/s is done.

Avetay
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM
I had a MC 5/3/09. Had sex on 5/21 (only time that month) found out on 6/7 I was pregnant. I now have a healthy 4 1/2 year old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)