Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

found out i had thyroid cancer....

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM
  • 11 Replies

they want to take out my whole thyroid as soon as possible. so now i have 5 doctors weighing the options to see if its safe or not safe for me and the baby. they can apparently do surgery til 28 weeks. im 24 weeks now but im reallly worried that something may go wrong. i understand its whats best but that doesnt stop from my nightmares filling my head at night. i want to know if anyone else has gone through this.

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I have no advice but wanted to say good luck and I will, be praying for you and your baby
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM

could they deliver the baby a bit early and wait for the surgery until then?

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. You are in my prayers. 

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Wow i can not imagine what you are feeling. Sounds like you have a good team of doctors to help you figure this out.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Anything they can do such as numb the area and go laparoscopically?
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:38 PM

(((((hugs)))) I'm sorry to hear girl and I really hope that everything works out for the best!

DeNaeMama
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM
I'm so sorry and sending prayers for you and baby. But with this pregnancy I had surgery at 10 weeks on my stomach and baby did very well they monitored before and after. I believe you will be just fine and I know how scary it is when you have a baby inside you and require medical attention for yourself. Best of luck mama!
Mare1180
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM
My friend is 30 weeks and they found out she has tyroid cancer as well. She was 24 weeks. They will remove her tyroid 3 weeks after baby is born. Hope everything goes ok. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:20 PM

So sorry, it has to be scary. I see an endocronologist because I had thyroid issues and that alone was stresful because it does so much but I would weight all the options and opinions given to you and go with your gut. If most doctors say to go with it then it is probably an okay option. I hope the best for you and baby, you're in my thoughts. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:34 PM

(hugs) I have not, but I'll say a prayer for you tonight.  I hope everything turns out okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)