Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

new update. its been awhile and also a serious ??? about water breaking please someone help me out!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:35 PM
  • 27 Replies
So I'm 37 weeks 4 days today. had my apt today and seen a female Dr that I didn't know because my Dr was at the hospital delivering a baby. I haven't been checked since I was in early labor at 33 weeks and they said I was a "lose" 2 1/2. so she decided to check me and she said I was a 1 1/2?!? How did I lose 1 whole cm? Idk but she said she was also going to do a membrane sweep (which o had done research on and was completely ok with) it only took her 60 seconds and from what I heard it should have takin longer then that? Idk never had it done b4. then I came home and hubby got ready for work and we DTD because we are trying everything to get things going lol. after he left for work me and DD went to Wal-Mart mostly just to have a place to walk around at with an AC because again we are trying to speed this labor process up. came home and I have had some strong BH. contractions. still nothing regular or close together :/ fingers crossed that the membrane sweep did something tho.

now my ? about waters breaking...
I always thought there was just a bag of water that the baby was in that sometimes would break when labor was starting. APPARENTLY there are hindwaters and forewaters as well... just found this out. anyways 2 mornings ago my DD woke me up and I told her to give mommy a min and ill be in there to get her breakfast and juice. well I rolled over with my body pillow and had placed it back under my belly and between my legs and laid there for a min. keep in mind I had no clothes on mostly because I just get really hot at night and the clothes end up coming off before morning. but as I laid there and was trying to wake up I had this gush of liquid. I just paused for a second. didn't move. just set really still. and then there was 2-3 smaller gushs. my first thought was my water just broke. I got up and looked at my body pillow because it was in between my legs and all this liquid gushed into it. there was no color to it. no smell. no white/yellow mucus or discharge. just looked like someone spilled water on it. and it felt like if you were to start your period and had a gush of blood. sorry for tmi. but only watery and a lot more. it was probably enough liquid to fill a regular drinking glass from your kitchen cabinet. I had been told that if your water is leaking then it will continue so I got up and did my normal morning stuff and went about the day but never had anymore. so I new I couldn't have been my water so I just forgot about and didn't think that much about it. I was going to ask Dr about it today and completely forgot. my aunt told me about the hindwaters and said that she thinks its kind of serious if they break and the I should call Dr first thing in the morning. has anyone ever been thru this or knows anything. I tried to Google it bit there's not a lot of info about hind waters breaking. thanks for any advise!
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

You need to get checked.  Your water can break and baby's head can act as a stopper and prevent further gushes.  You are at risk of infection if you go too long with a broken amniotic sac.

Rhyinns.Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:45 PM
If try to call an on call doctor if you have a obgyn that has that cause they could advise you. My water broke with both my boys it was basically that feeling your mentioning. My first was hardly enough to soak my underwear and I went to the bathroom and it burst like pee. With my second I was at the hospital walking around and I asked to sit on a bed with a towel and my water broke right as I laid down. I'd go get checked.
pooh2you1985
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:51 PM
I think you need to go now that is what happened to me with #2 and the have a test they can run. But sure enough it was my water. But I have never heard of hundwaters
PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Id probably call asap to ask the doctor or nurse on duty, if not go to the hospital, the worst thing is they say it was a false alarm but I feel like that is what mine felt like when they popped my water.

AMCMSM
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I just went through that with my dd in Nov. and agree with the ladies above. You should call the doc and maybe get checked. My water broke 48 hours after and it was like Niagara Falls. I felt a few pops in my lower belly and as soon as I stood up.... 

StaciF
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM

definitely agree with this!

Quoting Heather2001:

You need to get checked.  Your water can break and baby's head can act as a stopper and prevent further gushes.  You are at risk of infection if you go too long with a broken amniotic sac.

2babys2love
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
This happened 2 mornings ago and I had my cervix checked at 1pm today. wouldn't the Dr have noticed then? Especially if eyebrow a membrane sweep?

Quoting Heather2001:

2babys2love
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:06 PM
This happened 2 mornings ago and I had my cervix checked at 1pm today. wouldn't the Dr have noticed then? Especially if eyebrow a membrane sweep?

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: If try to call an on call doctor if you have a obgyn that has that cause they could advise you. My water broke with both my boys it was basically that feeling your mentioning. My first was hardly enough to soak my underwear and I went to the bathroom and it burst like pee. With my second I was at the hospital walking around and I asked to sit on a bed with a towel and my water broke right as I laid down. I'd go get checked.
2babys2love
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Quoting pooh2you1985: I think you need to go now that is what happened to me with #2 and the have a test they can run. But sure enough it was my water. But I have never heard of hundwaters
2babys2love
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Quoting PeppyInPink:

Id probably call asap to ask the doctor or nurse on duty, if not go to the hospital, the worst thing is they say it was a false alarm but I feel like that is what mine felt like when they popped my water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)