Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Adopting a dog? *update

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM
  • 30 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

*He's Home - and he's now a collie lab mix

So there's this dog at the animal care center that I have been eying for two months. I went and met him today, probably the worst thing I could do.

Because he's awesome, potty trained, sits when told, calm. I was sort of hoping there was something wrong with him to take my interest away.

But baby is due in a little less than 2 months, we have one dog, one cat, and one almost 3 year old. So I don't know if it would be too much to get another dog.

Has anyone done this, adopted a dog with an already full crew?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffa5ny
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:19 PM

That's not the dog is it? Because I'm sorry to tell you that he is super cute!!!!!! I'm not going to lie to you, I'd take him home anyway. I can't resist a pretty face. lol

summerbear
by Rachel on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

He isn't a puppy, already trained... What's stopping you?!? You love him. He needs a forever home. 

If he was a puppy and still had to be house trained and obediance trained, I would say no this close to delivery. Go sign the papers already! Make it official!

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, that's him. DH and I were planning a family meet and greet on Saturday. To see if he gets along with our dog and daughter.

And my husband says he has a feeling we're meant to adopt him... But that may be because I send him the link every couple days... Lol.

Quoting tiffa5ny:

That's not the dog is it? Because I'm sorry to tell you that he is super cute!!!!!! I'm not going to lie to you, I'd take him home anyway. I can't resist a pretty face. lol

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM
I just don't want to make an irresponsible decision.

Quoting summerbear:

He isn't a puppy, already trained... What's stopping you?!? You love him. He needs a forever home. 

If he was a puppy and still had to be house trained and obediance trained, I would say no this close to delivery. Go sign the papers already! Make it official!

tiffa5ny
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahh, that face though! How could anybody say no? lol. I can't even...

Quoting 24Mom2Be: Yeah, that's him. DH and I were planning a family meet and greet on Saturday. To see if he gets along with our dog and daughter. And my husband says he has a feeling we're meant to adopt him... But that may be because I send him the link every couple days... Lol.
Quoting tiffa5ny:

veraxaudeo
by Ashley Nicole on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM
We just brought a puppy home today and we already have a 3 yr old cat and a two year old son. My due date is August 6.
Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM

I have 5 cats, 3 dogs, and 2 kids with baby on the way... my 3 dogs and 2 kids are all under the age of 5... it's honestly not that bad at all.

2 of the dogs were puppies when we rescued them and DS2 at the time was 6 weeks and then 9 months.

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:47 PM
They even said they would change his breed for me, is that bad?

Quoting tiffa5ny:

Quoting 24Mom2Be: Yeah, that's him. DH and I were planning a family meet and greet on Saturday. To see if he gets along with our dog and daughter.

And my husband says he has a feeling we're meant to adopt him... But that may be because I send him the link every couple days... Lol.

Quoting tiffa5ny:

MamaNickelatti
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Do it! He is so freaking adorable!
tiffa5ny
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM

What do you mean change his breed? Like, on the paperwork? What is he considered now?

Quoting 24Mom2Be: They even said they would change his breed for me, is that bad?
Quoting tiffa5ny:

Quoting 24Mom2Be: Yeah, that's him. DH and I were planning a family meet and greet on Saturday. To see if he gets along with our dog and daughter. And my husband says he has a feeling we're meant to adopt him... But that may be because I send him the link every couple days... Lol.
Quoting tiffa5ny:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN