Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

membrane sweep stories anyone?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
So in 37 weeks 4 days today and had my first ever membrane sweep at 1.5 cm and Dr was quick about it so I'm not sure how well she did at it? Or if gush even matters. I read online a good one would take 10 min so I'm not sure why she did it in 1-2 min and how effective it was. and also this is my 2nd pregnancy so hoping that will also help speed third up I has it done at 1pm. I have had some mild BH contractions and about 30 min ago went pee and had a lot of discharge with a hint of pink tint to it. hoping that's a good sign. I heard that if it works to put you in labor then it would do so within 24-48 hrs. if you pass the 48 hr Mark then it didn't work to put you in labor.

I was wondering what your story was and how many weeks you were and how dilated you were and also what # pregnancy it was?!
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
teri4lance
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

never took that long, but they never worked on me so who knows lol

Avetay
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I had it done with both my pregnancies. I was 4 1/2 cm with my first and 3cm woth my second.
Only took a minute or two to do. A bit uncomfortable. A bit pink/bloody discharge.
Had a baby within 24 hours each time. But I jas already having irregular contractions
2babys2love
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Bout a week and half ago I had contractions for 9 hrs straight 5-10 min apart. since then they have been irregular but I have had them everyday since then. hoping that helps :) just not sure since I'm only at 1.5 cm. but I seen stories of others who were 1 - 1.5 cm and went into labor shortly after!

Quoting Avetay: I had it done with both my pregnancies. I was 4 1/2 cm with my first and 3cm woth my second.
Only took a minute or two to do. A bit uncomfortable. A bit pink/bloody discharge.
Had a baby within 24 hours each time. But I jas already having irregular contractions
summerbear
by Rachel on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

40 weeks 4 days, 4cm. She swept it in about a minute. Did not work. Baby came 5 days later.

38 weeks 6 days. 3 1/2cm. Took about a minute again. Did not work. Baby came 6 days later.

I have had it done 2:4 pregnancies. Will not do it anymore.

MamaNickelatti
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
With my second son I had a "rough check" to see if I was favorable for an induction (medical reasons) and had my son 4 hours later. I was already irregularly contracting though and dilated to a 6
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN