Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Rough past few days! (kinda long, sorry)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hi there. I've been having a pretty rough last few days! Im 22 weeks pregnant and on Tuesday night I had pretty bad pain on my right side, as in doubled over pain, so my mom drove me to the ER to find out what was wrong. I was extremely worried it was the baby! Well, they ran a blood and urine test to see if I had an infection but when those came back fine, they gave me some Torridol for pain and a saline IV to see if it would help and when it did, they sent me home and said to follow up in the morning with my OB. The hospital I went to is not the one I will deliver at and it seems to me they didn't wanna deal with me. Apparently the OB that was on duty told them to rule out appendicitis before sending me home but apparently they didnt. At any rate, my OB sent me almost immediately to the ER of the hospitalthat I will deliver at and they did run the necessary tests and determined it was my appendix. When you're pregnant, the last thing you wanna hear is that you have to have surgery! I was extremely worried for this little miss growing inside me! I was worried how pain meds and anesthesia would affect her and how the whole surgery would affect her. So of course I cried when found bbc.co d out. I had a few hours before surgery to calm down. My mom stayed with me until my husband got off work then she went home to help my step dad take care of my 2 year old. When my husband got there, I cried again. I was worried for baby girl but also that my other little girl might not have a mommy anymore. WEll the surgery was a success and they were able to do it laproscopically. I never felt more relieved than the moment I heard her heartbeat on the Doppler afterwards! Now this is day 3 in the hospital and so far so good and I get to ho hone this afternoon. I am feeling so relieved right now and cannot wait to see my little girl and go home to sleep in my own bed. Lucky gor me my mom is letting me stay at her house the next few days to let me recuperate but still be with my princess! I thank God that everything has went well thus far. What an ordeal!
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
VinVanMom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad it went well very scary!
summerbear
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

So scary!! So glad to hear the surgery went well and you and baby are doing good!!

Avetay
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Scary n glad you abd baby are both well
N_maricle
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

How scary! Thank goodness everything worked out and your baby is ok!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)