Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Leaking fluid?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM
  • 9 Replies
How did you know you were leaking amniotic fluid? I got up this morning and when I stood up something ran down my leg. I had just went to the bathroom an hour ago so I'm pretty sure it wasn't bc my bladder was full. Can you tell me what I need to watch for to know if it's my amniotic fluid? I'm 30w2d today.
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lovemytwo88
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Sometimes i have runny discharge run down my leg when i first get up. Its just discharge tho.

I leaked fluid with my first pregnancy but didnt realize it for about a month. I basically was wet all the time and had to constantly wear a pantiliner. There was no gushing or anything, it was always light. Finally had a sono and realized there was no fluid around baby. She was fine tho.

Unless u are CONSTANTLY wet or leaking, i wouldnt worry about it.
melindabelcher
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Put on a pad if your filling it its worth getting checked
lillucky8
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:52 AM
You can call your doc and they can test the fluid to be sure its not amniotic :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorriganzMommy
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Its better to be safe than sorry, call your DR. Its probably discharge so dont panic but to just have complete peace of mind Id call and see what they say.
RMslady
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Idk but Im 19 weeks tomorrow and at least 4 times a day I get so much watery discharge that gushes and feels like I wet myself. Id say if your worried about it it doesnt hurt to call and ask your doctor.
Bajanmama
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM

My water broke with my twins at 35 weeks and I thought I had sat in something so I changed my dress. I spread it over the bed to dry and it dried crusty and yellow. Then I realised I hadn't peed myself or sat in something. And it smelled like a new lamb.

cassibella
by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM

The day DS was born I kept leaking a little bit of fluid every time I stood up.  I wasn't sure if it was that or urine, but until then I'd never had a problem with leaking urine like that, and my water broke later that night so I'm pretty certain it was fluid.  Since you're only 30 weeks I'd see if you can get it checked, to be safe.

MomToNeeners
by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:42 PM

The only way to know is if you go in and get it tested. However due to the fact your uterus is on top of your bladder and you have a baby in it, most likely it was urine. You still retain a little urine even after you pee. I had to wear poise pads because I would leak urine while pregnant.

TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM
One time I had just got done using the bathroom and on my way back to my room and a gush of fluids came out filled my entire pantiliner it turned out to just be discharge but it upset me cause I had just put a new one on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN