Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I think my aunt has freaked me out... anyone want to help me feel better?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. I had what most would think is a bloody shoe Thursday morning. yellow/clear glob of mucus with a bit a blood in it (the day after having a membrane sweep) I AAA kinda excited about it since that normally means things are doing SOMETHING down there. When I text her and told her the good news she tells me to go to labor and delivery to make sure it wasn't placenta abruption? And sent me a web page of signs of that. my Dr told me that bleeding and discharge was normal after a sweep. but if I had bright red bleeding and more then a few tablespoons at a time then worry. so ii didn't think nothing of the bloody show I had until I read this web page that said the blood could look normal... and now I'm feeling sick and have a bad headache and my little guy hasn't been moving as much. he is still moving just not as active as usual. I keep telling myself that this is all normal since I'm down to the last few weeks but thanks to my aunt I am not freaked out about this placenta deal and I havevhigh anxiety anyways so I feel like I can't breath and I'm kinda freaking out when I probably shouldn't be... anyone care to reassure me that this is all normal and I'm freaking out for no reason?
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

she's just freaking you out... it sounds like your mucus plug

2babys2love
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:13 PM
That's what I was thinking. idk why she would say that knowing it would scare me but thanks for agreeing with me that it sounds like normal pregnancy stuff. hoping labor isn't to much farther off :)

Quoting Larsbug:

she's just freaking you out... it sounds like your mucus plug

melindabelcher
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Def your aunt is freaking you out.
Sweeping your membranes then seeing a pink tinged mucous plug would be normal.
The baby not moving as much is normal as you get closer to delivery day :)
2babys2love
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Well it wasn't pink. it was def red blood but everything I have heard/read says that its normal and that its normal for baby to become less active do to running out of room.

Quoting melindabelcher: Def your aunt is freaking you out.
Sweeping your membranes then seeing a pink tinged mucous plug would be normal.
The baby not moving as much is normal as you get closer to delivery day :)
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
If the only reason you're worrying is due to what your aunt said, you're probably being paranoid. I have anxiety too, and its so easy to get over worked. Get those coping skills going to make yourself feel better after you've had a trigger.

And glad to see you're hanging in there. I remember a post a while back, I think it was you, and you were thinking otherwise. So good job on being strong!
Devious103102
by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I wouldn't exactly call that bloody show, more like a loss of mucus plug. When you have bloody show you are IN active labor and will have more than just that.  Try not to let your aunt get to you, you're probably just stressing yourself out and that's what's making you feel "down" or it could be impending labor. 

2babys2love
by Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:43 AM
My Dr explained to me that the mucus plug was just mucus but the bloody show was the mucus plug with blood in it. its really the same thing only the bloody show is called that because the vessels in your cervix are breaking do to your cervix dilating and that's what puts blood in the mucus there for you get the bloody show. and even tho a lot of women go into labor up to 72 hrs after losing it there are women who go a week or 2 and still don't go into labor. At least that's what Dr said. plus from everything I looked up online it pretty much says the same thing. but idk.. I don't understand medical stuff to well. That's just how it was explained to me.

Quoting Devious103102:

I wouldn't exactly call that bloody show, more like a loss of mucus plug. When you have bloody show you are IN active labor and will have more than just that.  Try not to let your aunt get to you, you're probably just stressing yourself out and that's what's making you feel "down" or it could be impending labor. 

Devious103102
by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 3:52 AM

I have 5 kids so I know how it works :)  Your mucus plug can be tinged with blood but it doesn't always mean automatic labor but everyone is different. Some women never lose their plug till they are in labor, some lose it multiple times throughout the pregnancy, I've had both happen, including blood tinged about 5 days before I went into labor with my DS (5th child). The mucus plug can regenerate if you don't go into labor within a certain amount of time (usually 24-48 hours). 

Quoting 2babys2love: My Dr explained to me that the mucus plug was just mucus but the bloody show was the mucus plug with blood in it. its really the same thing only the bloody show is called that because the vessels in your cervix are breaking do to your cervix dilating and that's what puts blood in the mucus there for you get the bloody show. and even tho a lot of women go into labor up to 72 hrs after losing it there are women who go a week or 2 and still don't go into labor. At least that's what Dr said. plus from everything I looked up online it pretty much says the same thing. but idk.. I don't understand medical stuff to well. That's just how it was explained to me.
Quoting Devious103102:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN