Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18 weeks and still no energy?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM
  • 11 Replies

Anyone else going through this? I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and just feels so drained I almost want to just sit and cry! My mother in law brought my niece and nephew (ages 6 and 4) to stay with her for the summer, but her schedule at work could not be reduced, so I'm the one caring for them during the day. My two boys are also 6 and 4, and when they get together it's literally chaos! They wreck havoc on the house and my nerves, so I end up taking them out to do activities, such as going to the splash pad at the park (we are in Arizona and the heat is terrible right now,) to local malls, the childrens museum, and the list goes on. It's also worth mentioning that my nephew is special needs, he was born with a genetic problem that caused his speech and motor skill to be delayed. So caring for him is probably more similar to caring for a 2 1/2 year old. Oh, and I'm expected to potty train him:/ also, my oldest has ADHD and my youngest has a speech delay. So these are not easy children to care for...

I just feel I can't keep this up! I'm supposed to be cleaning the whole house today, which has become so messy that it's causing me an insane amount of stress. I'm not the type of person who can ignore a mess so it makes me very grouchy. But i just can't seem to get up and spend the 5 or 6 hours it would take to clean everything. Dh decided to go into work this morning so he is no help:( anyone got any tips, or cares to commiserate? 

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM

have you gotten your iron checked? 

MixedCooke
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My eldest is 6 and my youngest is 4 and has autism. I put on the party favorites station on the tv and we just go room by room cleaning. As for energy, Crystal Light energy has some caffeine. By the way I work nights and am 32 weeks pregnant. If you make cleaning fun, it can make it less of a chore even when the kids help. I also live in South Florida so I also have the heat and humidity but we have a pool and just pop in to cool down or throw on the sprinklers with a water toy.
MixedCooke
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Iron, B12, Omega 3 and Vitamin D also help with energy. Also lots of water because dehydration will make you tired.
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Yep, and my blood sugar levels. Everything was normal.

Quoting Devious103102:

have you gotten your iron checked? 

CountryMom91212
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not currently pregnant, but when I was pregnant, I didn't really have any energy until I was about 22 weeks along. Everything was fine with my pregnancy but I literally slept all the time and just felt drained. Just be sure to stay hydrated and even if you don't feel like doing anything, try to make yourself do something, even if for a few minutes. :D

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I'm supplimenting omega 3, and vitamin d, and b complex. Maybe I should add iron, although when I had my bloodwork done everything as in the normal range. I'm thinking maybe it's hormone related? 

Quoting MixedCooke: Iron, B12, Omega 3 and Vitamin D also help with energy. Also lots of water because dehydration will make you tired.

MixedCooke
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting N_maricle:

I'm supplimenting omega 3, and vitamin d, and b complex. Maybe I should add iron, although when I had my bloodwork done everything as in the normal range. I'm thinking maybe it's hormone related? 

Quoting MixedCooke: Iron, B12, Omega 3 and Vitamin D also help with energy. Also lots of water because dehydration will make you tired.

well crazy hormones and pregnancy go hand-in-hand so yeah it could be that as well.  Its tiring growing a baby!

sabrinarose86
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 27 weeks and I started feeling back to myself when I was around 20 weeks. I got my energy and motivation back. I've heard 1st and 3rd trimesters are the worst when it comes to being tired and not having motivation to do anything and then the 2nd trimester is when you feel a lot better and feel like you can do a lot more. Hope you get to feeling better :)
mummyoftwins92
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:16 AM
How's your iron and vitamin D levels?

Quoting N_maricle:

Anyone else going through this? I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and just feels so drained I almost want to just sit and cry! My mother in law brought my niece and nephew (ages 6 and 4) to stay with her for the summer, but her schedule at work could not be reduced, so I'm the one caring for them during the day. My two boys are also 6 and 4, and when they get together it's literally chaos! They wreck havoc on the house and my nerves, so I end up taking them out to do activities, such as going to the splash pad at the park (we are in Arizona and the heat is terrible right now,) to local malls, the childrens museum, and the list goes on. It's also worth mentioning that my nephew is special needs, he was born with a genetic problem that caused his speech and motor skill to be delayed. So caring for him is probably more similar to caring for a 2 1/2 year old. Oh, and I'm expected to potty train him:/ also, my oldest has ADHD and my youngest has a speech delay. So these are not easy children to care for...

I just feel I can't keep this up! I'm supposed to be cleaning the whole house today, which has become so messy that it's causing me an insane amount of stress. I'm not the type of person who can ignore a mess so it makes me very grouchy. But i just can't seem to get up and spend the 5 or 6 hours it would take to clean everything. Dh decided to go into work this morning so he is no help:( anyone got any tips, or cares to commiserate? 

booaura
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I would stop watching the other two children.
I'm 16 weeks, and have zero energy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)