Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unnecessary Pregnancy worry? Lessening of symptoms?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi, this is my first pregnancy and everything seems to be going great. I had a 7 1/2 week appointment a few weeks ago and they could hear the heartbeat (167bpm) and said everything was fine.

This week I'm in the first few days of my 11th week and my nipples are not as sore as they have been, and my nausea is subsiding. Both are still present, but not as bad as they were before. For some reason, this scares me. Is this normal? Please look over my ignorance, but I can only go by baby books. When I look stuff up online it just makes me worry more. So, I try very hard not to do so. I'm 22 and my doctor told me I shouldn't need another ultrasound until my 20 week because of how low risk I am.

Also - What's the chance of miscarrying after you've heard the heartbeat and are about 11 weeks?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and post a reply. :)

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:50 AM

It's normal for some symptoms to ease up as you get into your 2nd trimester :) 

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Your not ignorant 

I don't think anyone truly stops worrying until you actually get to hold the baby.

There is no normal . For most people if your lucky enough your nausea gets better as the 2nd trimester approaches. I have nausea and vomiting throughout the entire pregnancy

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I don't think that is a reason to worry. 

StaciF
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM
My nausea went away at 11 weeks - still throwing up at 18 weeks - nipples didn't start hurting till 2nd trimester - go figure!
.PinkHart.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Yes it is VERY normal for the early symptoms to fade or go away around that time. Don't worry, new ones such as acid reflux will come along lol.

As for the MC risk, once you hit 13 weeks your risk of MC is significantly lower. But a loss can happen at any time unfortunately.
summerbear
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Usually the 2nd trimester is the best time in a pregancy bacause the fatigue gets better, the nausea/sickness goes away, things just seem to improve! No need to worry!! :) You can always buy a fetal doppler and listen to baby whenever you want! :) Risk of miscarriage goes down at 12 weeks!

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Like others have said its normal. I worry alot too so i got my own heart beat doppler off ebay for under $50 and that is so helpful in calming me down. I will say that most of them say the hear the heartbeat better after 16-18 weeks just so you know.
.PinkHart.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Yup. At 11 weeks baby is still tucked behind the pubic bone so hearing the HB is much harder without hospital grade dopplers.

Quoting nebcutie: Like others have said its normal. I worry alot too so i got my own heart beat doppler off ebay for under $50 and that is so helpful in calming me down. I will say that most of them say the hear the heartbeat better after 16-18 weeks just so you know.
KiraNichole
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I am going through the same thing! I found out and had my ultrasound done at 7w2d, heartbeat was 138, baby looked good. I've started feeling better lately! Although I just had an infected tooth pulled yesterday which has been bothering me since I found out. No bad cramping, or spotting, just feeling better and scared out of my kind! I am 9w2d now, I can't wait for my next appt!! How do you get over the worry? This is my first pg too, I have 1 child who just tired 10, DH and I adopted her at birth. 

LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

You are just moving into 2nd trimester.  Enjoy. 

Chances of miscarrying after hearing the heartbeat are very low--less than 10%. 

And worry is totally normal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)