Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 days away from my csection you will not believe what I've been doing for the past 4 hours.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
My home has 11 rooms total. Master, bathroom, girls room, nursery, kitchen, living room/foyer, downstairs playroom, 2 spare rooms, laundry room which is connected to another bathroom and our exercise room. I've cleaned 8 of these rooms. Inuding folding/putting away and getting rid of old clothing, washing, and mopping floors. I have to toot my own horn for being this active 2 days away from my scheduled csection! Everyone would call it nesting and if the nesting theory truly is what they say, that baby is soon to arrive, I feel it will be a gamble given that I'm so close to delivery but I wouldn't complain if he did come early!!
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
summerbear
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Love nesting! Those last few weeks I start getting worried because there seems like there is so much left to do. Then BAM! Nesting energy kicks in and it all gets done! 

Be sure you still rest when your body tells you to and sip on some water while you are working so you avoid dehydration. 

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

So... I'm going to PM you my address... mine could use a good cleaning!  :)  I never nested at all, but it sounds like a very effective way to get ready for a baby coming.

LoveH523
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:18 PM
I'm sitting right now as we speak!! I still have 2 loads of wash to clean and put away, some trash needs taken out (DH will do that) he must have been on a nesting kick too lol he cleaned his side of the room and got rid if a bunch of clothes he didn't want! And what's even funnier is, I'm the type to get things put together or packed away or at least set off to the side before whatever big day comes. After I put all of the girls' clothes away I packed all of their outfits, dresses, underwear etc... For our beach trip were taking at the end of July. So not only did I get the house ready for when baby comes home, I put the girls' clothes aside because it will be a bit more difficult trying to remember everything when the baby is here. I could do the same for DH but I made him responsible for his things. I might start the baby's things next but I can't pack anything away for myself just yet because I don't know what will fit.
Quoting summerbear:

Love nesting! Those last few weeks I start getting worried because there seems like there is so much left to do. Then BAM! Nesting energy kicks in and it all gets done! 

Be sure you still rest when your body tells you to and sip on some water while you are working so you avoid dehydration. 

LoveH523
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:22 PM
I didn't with my DD and I think that's because I was a first time mom, I had over 150 people at my baby shower. Can you imagine how much stuff I got. Let's just say when we counted diapers the final number was 947!!! So when I brought everything home it was so overwhelming that I procrastinated on putting the stuff away, eventually it did with the help of my mom and sister. But I knew never to make that mistake again. I've been washing clothes and sorting baby's things since I was 34 weeks. and I'm glad I did because everything from othes and bibs to strollers and bottles, everything is washed, put away and put together.
I'm so happy I started when I did!!!
Quoting MamaBearEH:

So... I'm going to PM you my address... mine could use a good cleaning!  :)  I never nested at all, but it sounds like a very effective way to get ready for a baby coming.

otoole
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm only 9weeks with my 3rd. I wish I had your energy now. I find it hard to do much else other than look after the kids
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't nest with my dd but I went on a cleaning spree the night before I had my ds.

LoveH523
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM
I really wish I was able to help DH in the backyard. We dug up the pathway that led from our deck to our pool deck, so that we could build a nicer new one with nice stone and were connection for to a section of the yard to make a nice patio with a firepit. He's been out there every few days shoveling rock and evening it out. I would love to get out and help him but that's taking it to the extreme I wouldn't make it very long!
Quoting otoole: I'm only 9weeks with my 3rd. I wish I had your energy now. I find it hard to do much else other than look after the kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)