Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

planned, oops or mystery??

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:47 PM
  • 108 Replies

Were your children planned out and conceived intentionally?

Were they oopsies?

We're they pleasant suprises?

or did you become pregnant and can't quite figure out just how or when?

In my case baby #1 (1yr) was not planned at all. In fact I had just told my husband I didn't want kids when I found out I was pregnant! We don't use birth control, instead we abstain from sex during my ovulation time... but I miscalculated  the days so.... oops!!

#2 (due in September) was all three: planned but still kind of an oops and a mystery. We wanted a 2nd baby but weren't quite ready just yet -  I guess we miscalculated ovulation days again but I have NO clue when she could have possibly been conceived. Our sex frequency had been almost zero for a couple months when I got pregnant! (and NO it wasn't the milkman!)

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lizzylovie22
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
With this baby we did not try nor prevent it.
tairakittie
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My two oldest were pull-out/oops babies, I got pregnant with DS when DD was only 9 months old. This time around I was temping and charting, we went on vacation and I told SO we needed condoms since I was ovulating, the DAY I O'd we DTD and he didnt tell me he did not buy condoms... I told him that night I was probably pregnant, got my pos test on cycle day 29. lol So he is an oops as well but I had baby fever for a good year before our miscommunication, so this baby was very much wanted, just not timed right (I will now have 2 July babies, im due the 8th of this month, but he could really come anyday now).
karaklett
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:18 PM
My first two were planned. My current pregnancy was not. It was an unexpected surprise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melodyhour
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine were not planned or prevented. I'm too anxious to plan for a baby, I would either chicken out or obsess about it day in and day out.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Planned.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:55 PM

DD was an unexcpected blessing and DS was planned.  

abifasc
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:30 PM
#1 hoped for but not planned, #2 planned and #3 (this one) planned
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:32 PM
#1 unplanned this one was oh crap we can have another!! We did not think we could have more so it is a very welcomed mystery...
RMslady
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Our first 3 were planned. This one was not. I usually say an oops baby but DH is sensitive about that term.
Larsbug
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:46 PM

we don't like to use "oops" lol...DS1 was an welcomed surprise, I was on the pill and we had no intention of having children and if we did not until DH made sergeant. I hadn't had a period in well over a year and had used the same birth control for 5 years with NO incidents. Guess he was just meant to be.

DS2 we planned, and while it took 6 months to get pregnant it's actually pretty quick since I have PCOS, and hadn't had a period since my post partum bleeding with DS1.

This baby, was planned, and while I still have PCOS I was on Metformin for that and insulin resistance... we weren't trying but weren't preventing from January until April 1st, like you, staying away from ovulation time. April 1st we decided it was time, and bam, pregnant! Not even a month...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)