• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am SO SICK! PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
**I am currently 9w5d**
So this morning at work I started feeling very sick.i threw up 5 times before leaving coming home early. I would try to sip water, but all it does is makes the throw up 10 secs later. I have absolutely nothing in my stomach, as I have been throwing up bile since around 11 this morning. Came home at 2 and went straight to bed. Woke up feeling feverish...I have a temp of 100. Also been having diarrhea (tmi I know.) I tried to take 2 zofran, but again. As soon as the sip of water hits my belly, I throw up. I am so worried about dehydration. ..cant keep anything down...cant even take zofran! Im at a loss of what to do. Advice please.

**EDIT: I should also add that this is my 2nd pregnancy. DS is 6. I never had the morning sickness with him. Not once. So thos sickness crap is pretty new..
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Since you have a fever I would say you probably have some type of tummy bug.  And since you can't even keep water down I would give your ob a call because you might need to get some fluids via iv.

evilangel198431
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Also zofran should melt under your tongue
Mrs.Sherwood
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:53 PM
That's not necessarily true. I didn't like the sublingual (under the tongue) tablets, because the taste made me sick, so I requested oral Zofran.
Quoting evilangel198431: Also zofran should melt under your tongue
Mummy2Connor
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:08 AM

If you're feeling dehydrated I would go in for IV fluids, and ask your dr/midwife to give you a suppository anti nausea. It's what they had to do for me. That way you can't throw it back up.

GOOD LUCK!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:33 AM
I hope you feel better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelsinmyheart
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:04 AM
I hope you feel better soon. I had the flu pregnant and ginger or ginger tea helped. Plain water did not agree with me. Also try apple juice saline and cold, boiled potatoes. Potatoes and cracker hepatitis to fill your stomach and absorb some of the acid and (sorry) bile. Please do see your doctor first. Congrats on your tiny one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)