Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice needed!! How do I tell my parents?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:35 AM
  • 113 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi all! I'm 16, so expecting a baby is a big thing right now in general.. But, despite, i have big plans on being a good mom. I'm good with kids, but i realize being a mother is way more than just a baby-sitting job. My boyfriend is getting a job and he's excited for it. Telling him wasn't a big stump in the road at all, which made things a lot easier. Knowing he's happy about it is reassuring too. Another realization I've come to is weather or not we are financially ready for a child (granted he/she will be ready for us weather we are or not), but my boyfriend is now working hard on getting a job (not to mention his parents are excited, and offering left and right to get us a crib, car seat, etc.). I've also looked into cheaper, healthier ways to feed my baby as he/she gets older. But, another complication (especially for teens like me) is telling the parents! This is one thing I haven't been able to help myself with (or figure out with my boyfriend either). So, my question to you is: What is the best way to let parents know (at such a young age)? Every opinion helps! :)

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:01 AM
4 moms liked this
I would just sit down with them and tell them.

How far along are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneck.crazy
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:06 AM
This. There really isn't many options other then just flat out tell them.

Quoting kmqw229: I would just sit down with them and tell them.

How far along are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:09 AM
There aren't many options. Just tell them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AustinsMommy007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:27 AM
As hard as it may be you just have to sit them down and tell them.

Good luck!
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:31 AM
Sit down together and tell them.
TVDbaby
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:37 AM
14 moms liked this

Firstly, congratulations! I went through this when i was also 16. The hardest part was telling my parents. My and my boyfriend had been together since we were unbelievably only 6 years old! Obviously to start with we were just best friends until when we were 7 he asked me to be his girlfriend! :') Anyway, when we were 16 i fell pregnant. It wasn't until i was 4 1/2 months i told my parents. I told my mum first (as my parents are seperated) I just said to her 'mum, i need to speak to you about something important, i know you will be disappointed in me but it has happened and i am going to take responsibilty' before i could say anymore she said 'you're pregnant aren't you!' At first she was upset but then she came around to the idea. My dad had the same sort of speech but it hurt him quite bad so he didn't speak to me for a few days but then he was fine. We now have a perfect 5 year old son and went on to have a perfect little girl who is 2 now :') We have been together for 16 years, many more to come and hopefully many more babies <3 Goodluck hunnie, everything will work out ok in the end :)

momof3crazyme
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:38 AM
3 moms liked this

You kinda just have to sit her down and tell her.  Don't send her a txt msg that says "I'm pregnant" like I did lol

crystalplus1
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:38 AM

This. Thats all you can do.

Good luck. Your life as a teen is now over.

Quoting kmqw229: I would just sit down with them and tell them. How far along are you?

907PickleMom
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Good luck.
LSeabolt1982
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:44 AM
21 moms liked this

Whether

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN