Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How did you announce?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hey ladies!

I'm looking for fun but simple ways to announce to both mine and DH's parents that we're expecting!

It was a long road TTC. When we found out that I was pregnant, were just a month away from our last obgyn appointment (where she was going to give us the referral for the fertility clinic.)

How did you announce your pregnancy?

Based off of LMP, I'm 8w 5d, my ob thinks that I may be a little earlier than that based off of my blood, may have to wait for the ultrasound for a better estimate.

by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom100WV
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Dh has a very small family so we just called and told them.  I have a large family and we all happened to be going to my sister's house for my nephew's sixth birthday.  I had picked up a stuffed animal at the mall a few days prior that had the same birthday on it's tag as my due date, so I wrapped it in a box with a "script" for my nephew to read to everyone.  The script basically instructed my nephew to read out loud the stuffed animal's birthday and then say, "This is the day my little cousin is expected to arrive."  I of course clued my nephew into what to do before he opened that present--and to open it last.  It worked out pretty well--one of my sisters even started to cry.  :)

booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM
My last two pregnancies, we just told everyone. This time, we haven't announced and I don't think we will, not until they're born. I can do without all that drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
florallove92
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:28 PM

That is so cute!! I love sentimental type things like that. :)

My dad's side of the family is close/small as well so they knew immediately via just seeing them or the phone. As for my moms side (including my mom) I have been debating on telling them seperately or all together

Quoting Mom100WV:

Dh has a very small family so we just called and told them.  I have a large family and we all happened to be going to my sister's house for my nephew's sixth birthday.  I had picked up a stuffed animal at the mall a few days prior that had the same birthday on it's tag as my due date, so I wrapped it in a box with a "script" for my nephew to read to everyone.  The script basically instructed my nephew to read out loud the stuffed animal's birthday and then say, "This is the day my little cousin is expected to arrive."  I of course clued my nephew into what to do before he opened that present--and to open it last.  It worked out pretty well--one of my sisters even started to cry.  :)

Mom100WV
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I wanted to do it all together, that way no one could be upset about who was told first.  Good luck--I'm sure everyone will be thrilled!

Quoting florallove92:

That is so cute!! I love sentimental type things like that. :)

My dad's side of the family is close/small as well so they knew immediately via just seeing them or the phone. As for my moms side (including my mom) I have been debating on telling them seperately or all together

Quoting Mom100WV:

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:00 PM

We just told them every time in person if we could or on the phone if we couldn't see them. Nothing special.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:52 PM
We announced our 4th on Thanksgiving. I had my youngest wear a shirt that said "This little turkey is going to be a big brother"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Hold off until october and for Halloween dress up as a oven and have a bun in it. :) That would be a cute way to tell everyone.

florallove92
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I did that aswell with one side of my family, it was nice and simple! 

Quoting Raeann11:

We just told them every time in person if we could or on the phone if we couldn't see them. Nothing special.

florallove92
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Too cute! Did everyone notice right away? This girl I follow on instagram did something similiar and she said it took her family almost an hour before they noticed! lol Last weekend I told one of my grandmothers by giving her a little onesie that said "Fancy like my Grandma" Lol! 

Quoting kmqw229: We announced our 4th on Thanksgiving. I had my youngest wear a shirt that said "This little turkey is going to be a big brother"

florallove92
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg, hilarious! Haha, but I don't think I could hold out that long :( lol I saw something with the same idea on Etsy, I'll insert a picture lol 

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Hold off until october and for Halloween dress up as a oven and have a bun in it. :) That would be a cute way to tell everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN