Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

30wks with my 5th pregnancy-- anyone else experience a ton of BH contractions?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM
  • 23 Replies
I'm 30 weeks with my 5th baby and I have a ton of BH contractions. I can feel them coming on. My bladder feels pressure asking with my diaphragm and kinds of a weird pushing up on my actual stomach area then my tummy gets very hard. Sometimes they aren't very consistent and other times they are every 7-12 min. Annoying. My midwife is aware and asked me to stop drinking rrl tea, rest more, and drink even more as if I don't now. She said that if they continue for 2hrs with no letting up then go to the hospital but she isn't too concerned at this point.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this? I have a history of prodromal labor.

Update--i had a terrible time sleeping all night do to constant bathroom trips, cramps, and a backache. No contractions so far since I've been awake.
by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Yes, I've had bh contractions. They're no fun, but not really a source of concern.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tsmcconnell
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:18 PM
I had them with my others but many more earlier on this time.

Quoting booaura: Yes, I've had bh contractions. They're no fun, but not really a source of concern.
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM
They can start at any time after 20 weeks.

Quoting tsmcconnell: I had them with my others but many more earlier on this time.

Quoting booaura: Yes, I've had bh contractions. They're no fun, but not really a source of concern.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StaciF
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM
I get them from 20 weeks on. I just take calcium magnesium when I have an episode
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM

With my third for 8 weeks I had contractions on and off all day long. Five times I had it go to 3-5 mins apart for 5-12 hours and then for it all to start. She was my first also to go over her estimated due date.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Absolutely.  I always had a lot more with each subsequent pregnancy.

tsmcconnell
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Interesting. Was this a major concern to your doctor? I feel like this is beyond normal. Since they are just uncomfortable I haven't went into l&d but I know you should after having more than 5 an hour and from what I've been advised for more than 2hrs depending on my activity.

Quoting Raeann11:

With my third for 8 weeks I had contractions on and off all day long. Five times I had it go to 3-5 mins apart for 5-12 hours and then for it all to start. She was my first also to go over her estimated due date.

lady_katie
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Mine started really early with this pregnancy, probably around 14 or 15 weeks. You should know that mine increase when I have a bacterial infection or UTI. Otherwise, drinking a lot (and I do mean a lot) of fluids and frequently emptying my bladder helps to keep them in check. Sometimes if they get really annoying I lay on my left side and take a rest for awhile and that usually helps. 

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 4, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I had them constantly with my first son, but rarely with my second and third. Lots of water and rest, mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 2:58 PM

No, my midwife didn't have any major concerns. Prodromal labor can be for quite some time. She just said when you want me to come to you and don't worry if you call and say they stopped or getting further apart. I want you to be comfortable. Since they never got stronger just the same. I worked my way through them and called her when they stopped or she would have called me by that time to see how I was doing.

Quoting tsmcconnell: Interesting. Was this a major concern to your doctor? I feel like this is beyond normal. Since they are just uncomfortable I haven't went into l&d but I know you should after having more than 5 an hour and from what I've been advised for more than 2hrs depending on my activity.
Quoting Raeann11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)