Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does cervix position matter?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

I've had 3 pregnancy's so far (all ended good) But with them my cervix was VERY high like out of reach and soft (when i could find it) BEFORE there BFP's. Now I found out i was expecting a 4th last Sunday (the day before my expected period) Well in general my cervix been low since my last pregnancy and it doesn't seem to want to move up at all in this one. I try not to poke around in there to much, just sometimes it gets so low i can reach it mid finger or less and its still HARD as hell lol I looked it up and had conflicting views as to whether or not it's important. It's odd to me cause my past three were high and soft even before there bfps? I'm hoping it sticks low cervix has me worried...My appt is on Thursday but the wait and worrie is just.... urgh!bummed_outSo while i wait till the appt.. is anyone expert cervix checkers on here lol? Or was it just lucky last 3 were all the same? This particular pregnancy just has me worried.

by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rachellaree20
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure, sorry.  I'm almost 28 weeks (will be on Monday) and I poked my cervix today (after washing my hands well, making sure everything was sterile, etc) because I've been having a lot of BH contractions and it's low, soft and a fingertip dilated :/  It's freaking me out a bit but I'm not an expert on knowing what to look for as far as cervical changes during pregnancy goes.

I guess my best advice would be try not to worry too much.  I hope everything goes well for you!

OXMomoXO
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Thanks, And I hope all goes well for u and ur lil bun I was dilated around that time with my first 2 (If you bleed go to er especially if its with SEVERE cramping) But with mine I even reached 4cm dilated with one from around 28s to 30 weeks and almost all effaced with my 2nd n still ended up being OVER due lol had to be induced with my first two. But I think all is normal and you should be fine, Congrats on your pregnancy!happy dance

Quoting rachellaree20:

I'm not sure, sorry.  I'm almost 28 weeks (will be on Monday) and I poked my cervix today (after washing my hands well, making sure everything was sterile, etc) because I've been having a lot of BH contractions and it's low, soft and a fingertip dilated :/  It's freaking me out a bit but I'm not an expert on knowing what to look for as far as cervical changes during pregnancy goes.

I guess my best advice would be try not to worry too much.  I hope everything goes well for you!

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you asked your doctor about prolapse?  Sounds like you have a weak pelvic floor and would benefit from squats/kegels.

OXMomoXO
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Yep I thought about it I assumed I may of had one after my last birth, I told my doc when I was setting my appt over the phone that I think I may have one but she didn't seem to concerned. I was wondering if it is a prolapse it is a danger or not in pregnancy? (This is just a reg Doc can't see OBGYN till i see her, and she prints it out on paper that I am.)

Quoting Heather2001:

Have you asked your doctor about prolapse?  Sounds like you have a weak pelvic floor and would benefit from squats/kegels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN