Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

why so rude???

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this
I thought cafemom was suppose to be a safe places for people to post and talk with other mothers about pregnancy, kids, and just life in general. All I'm seeing are a bunch of mean ass people posting rude comments and putting up hurtful or just plain idiotic posts. I actually deleted my account a few days ago because of people harassing me on one of my posts and being very rude and hateful and made a new account so I wouldn't have to see it anymore. Where is the safe and nurturing environment that mothers come to this site for?
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmyboysjj
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this
A lot of them on this site are like this. Just have to ignore the rude ones...
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM
In here. Most of these ladies are great!
ProudNavyWife14
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:13 AM
I have seen a lot of great posts from different ladies and have gotten several very nice and helpful and really sweet replies back to some of my posts. But the ones that I see that are just so mean and hateful... I know not everyone on here is like this but you have a ton of pregnant women or even just sensitive women (in which case I'm both) and these hurtful and hateful posts and comments... just unbelievable.

Quoting evilangel198431: In here. Most of these ladies are great!
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Well I meant in this group specifically the ladies are awesome. Other groups yes I see the same thing. There are nice people too just try to ignore the mean ones.

Quoting ProudNavyWife14: I have seen a lot of great posts from different ladies and have gotten several very nice and helpful and really sweet replies back to some of my posts. But the ones that I see that are just so mean and hateful... I know not everyone on here is like this but you have a ton of pregnant women or even just sensitive women (in which case I'm both) and these hurtful and hateful posts and comments... just unbelievable.

Quoting evilangel198431: In here. Most of these ladies are great!
_ethansmommy
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
People really are horrible on here, I'm glad to have a couple of groups with decent women!!
ProudNavyWife14
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:34 AM
I know! Good to know some women know how to be mature
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
There are some nasty women on here. However, many of the things I've seen be called rude or nasty are really just differing opinions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate to point it out, but you're being hypocritical.  Calling other people's posts "idiotic" isn't really a nurturing thing to say, right?  As with any online forum, you choose how you react to things.  Ignore the stuff that bothers you or isn't helpful/useful and just take the good out of it.  Cafemom is what we make it, after all.

Edge0215
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel the exact same way! I got a comment on my post "You're pregnant, not dieing". I was so upset! When people post on this site, they are looking for advice, support and most importantly someone to relate to. It's hard to feel like I can relate to certain people on this site if they are so rude! 

ProudNavyWife14
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I agree with what your saying. A lot of it is just differing opinions. It's just the way they express those opinions I guess. It's the way people word what they say that makes it sounds so hurtful a lot of the time and I just wish people would read over what they are about to post and think "now, is this going to hurt someone's feelings or show them how I am feeling?"

Quoting booaura: There are some nasty women on here. However, many of the things I've seen be called rude or nasty are really just differing opinions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)