Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

no heartbeat. looking for positive outcome

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 12 Replies
Here is the run down. We have 4 children and we have suffered 3 miscarriages. It went like this.. baby #1.. baby #2.. MC #1..baby #3..MC #2..baby #4..MC #3.. my last MC happened at 12 weeks ( march 4 ) but baby passed sometime around 6.3 weeks. I knew the pregnancy was off. I had no symptoms and my HCC was only 2,000 at 6 weeks.... in June I found out we were pregnant again. I went for my fist appointment at 5 weeks 6 days. Blood hcg was great at 15,000. I have been nauseous all day, Occasionally throw up, headaches and exhaustion. Yesterday I went for my 7 week 6 day U/S.. low and behold there was a great looking yolk and sac. BUT, baby only measures 6.2 weeks and there was no heartbeat. They told me my dates could be off. Which I know they are by at least a few days if not a week almost as I do not have a normal 28 day cycle. He also seemed to have a bit of a hard time getting a clear shot of the baby. He kept having to push up ( super uncomfortable since it was a transvaginal ). They said to come back in a week and hopefully we will see a heartbeat. I am not so optimistic given my last situation. I'd love some positive feedback from anyone who has a story similar.... Oh ! And let's top it off that yesterday was my birthday. What a horrible day
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM

good luck mama. i went in for an u/s when we thought i was 7 weeks. they saw a sac and nothing else. had to go back in two weeks and there was the yoke sac and a like baby. i will be praying when you go back the baby has a heartbeat!

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM
When you had your 7 week did they say how big the sac was measuring? And what did baby measure 2 weeks later. I am so hoping things turn out this great

Quoting rmgriffberg:

good luck mama. i went in for an u/s when we thought i was 7 weeks. they saw a sac and nothing else. had to go back in two weeks and there was the yoke sac and a like baby. i will be praying when you go back the baby has a heartbeat!

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM

my sac was mesuring 6 weeks when i went in the first time. when we went back baby was measuing 7w 5 days. it was a womens center, not my ob and the machine was a little older. i had to be admitted 4 days later because of hyperemesis and they did an ultrasound then and baby was measuring 9 weeks 6 days (which was right where it should be). so basically the first two ultrasounds were wrong because the machine was a little old

Quoting nikkifam5: When you had your 7 week did they say how big the sac was measuring? And what did baby measure 2 weeks later. I am so hoping things turn out this great
Quoting rmgriffberg:

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Bump!
Tenderheart3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Sorry you had to get this news on your birthday and about all your miscarriages.  I'm praying that everything goes well. Stay strong.

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Most of the time they measure on a 21 day cycle unless you tell them otherwise, and that can really make a difference. They were over two weeks off dating my pregnancy this time. They're always at least a week off when using my LMP, so I never trust that date. Ultrasound or conception is the way to go for me.

You're still very early on and they can't always find the heartbeat easily. Don't lose hope yet! There are four healthy babies in your home that say you can do this!
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Thank you. I'm just so confused with my body. With all my MC I just knew something was wrong. And I had no symptoms and my numbers were SUPER LOW. Right now I am nauseous all day, headaches , extreme fatigue and threw up quite a few times today. So idk if its a cruel trick or if maybe things are ok

Quoting MamaBearEH: Most of the time they measure on a 21 day cycle unless you tell them otherwise, and that can really make a difference. They were over two weeks off dating my pregnancy this time. They're always at least a week off when using my LMP, so I never trust that date. Ultrasound or conception is the way to go for me.

You're still very early on and they can't always find the heartbeat easily. Don't lose hope yet! There are four healthy babies in your home that say you can do this!
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I know it's almost impossible, but try not to put too much into the appearance or lack of pregnancy symptoms. Some people get lots, and others don't. My pregnancies were always identical except this one, which is on the opposite end & I'm not having a lot of the sickness I always did before. Every pregnancy can be different. And it's even harder after you've had miscarriages... Confidence mentally might not be the same. I have bad anxiety until things are confirmed healthy myself. Few people understand how hard it is. Can you talk to your SO about your worries? Sometimes that helps during the dreaded waiting period.

Quoting nikkifam5: Thank you. I'm just so confused with my body. With all my MC I just knew something was wrong. And I had no symptoms and my numbers were SUPER LOW. Right now I am nauseous all day, headaches , extreme fatigue and threw up quite a few times today. So idk if its a cruel trick or if maybe things are ok

Quoting MamaBearEH: Most of the time they measure on a 21 day cycle unless you tell them otherwise, and that can really make a difference. They were over two weeks off dating my pregnancy this time. They're always at least a week off when using my LMP, so I never trust that date. Ultrasound or conception is the way to go for me.

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:43 PM
My husband is great. He's super optimistic about things.

Quoting MamaBearEH: I know it's almost impossible, but try not to put too much into the appearance or lack of pregnancy symptoms. Some people get lots, and others don't. My pregnancies were always identical except this one, which is on the opposite end & I'm not having a lot of the sickness I always did before. Every pregnancy can be different. And it's even harder after you've had miscarriages... Confidence mentally might not be the same. I have bad anxiety until things are confirmed healthy myself. Few people understand how hard it is. Can you talk to your SO about your worries? Sometimes that helps during the dreaded waiting period.

Quoting nikkifam5: Thank you. I'm just so confused with my body. With all my MC I just knew something was wrong. And I had no symptoms and my numbers were SUPER LOW. Right now I am nauseous all day, headaches , extreme fatigue and threw up quite a few times today. So idk if its a cruel trick or if maybe things are ok

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:44 PM
If you suspect your due date is off I wouldn't be worried. High stress levels isn't good for anyone.
Update us when you know more
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN