Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Gender selection anyone tried it

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
diamondprnces
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM

BUMP!

booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
No, but I also never cared about the gender. I just wanted a baby, and that's always what I got!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope and I think it's a terrible day for humanity when we start doing things like this. We need to be less concerned about planning the nursery colors or buying gender specific clothes, and more concerned with the actual health of the children. Societies are already having issues with female babies and now we are finding ways to let people pick!? Absolutely sickening... Sorry...
Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM

ew no, this is very selfish to me... I have 2 boys and preg with #3, I would love a girl too but a healthy baby is #1, I don't care what gender baby is. What has our society come to?

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Sperm sorting isn't as effective for gender selection (I haven't done it...just read about it). It's roughly 70-80% effective. PGD is the only method that has nearly a 100% guarantee but it's much more invasive since it's basically IVF. It's also way, way more expensive than sperm sorting.

diamondprnces
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Please tell me how is this different than a infertile woman paying another woman to use her womb to carry a baby . I think it's obvious everyone wants a healthy baby . What's so absolutely sickening about a woman with multiple sons wanting a daughter ? 

Quoting MamaBearEH: Nope and I think it's a terrible day for humanity when we start doing things like this. We need to be less concerned about planning the nursery colors or buying gender specific clothes, and more concerned with the actual health of the children. Societies are already having issues with female babies and now we are finding ways to let people pick!? Absolutely sickening... Sorry...

diamondprnces
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Thank you very much for the information . I will research PGD 

Quoting beachlove512:

Sperm sorting isn't as effective for gender selection (I haven't done it...just read about it). It's roughly 70-80% effective. PGD is the only method that has nearly a 100% guarantee but it's much more invasive since it's basically IVF. It's also way, way more expensive than sperm sorting.

KJ_on
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Between dh and I we have FIVE boys. We wanted a natural conceived ours baby after his vasectomy reversal. But we planned that if our first "ours" baby was a boy. Btw we were happy either way and had the boy name picked out before ttc. That we would try ivf with gender selection for a girl. We love our boys but we do want to balance a tiny bit. Luckily our little girl is in route come sept. We are still open to more and will accept either gender. I don't think it's selfish when you have a houseful of either gender. Btw even though she's a girl my boys and dh are already plotting to make her a tomboy complete with this baby blanket

Quoting diamondprnces:

Please tell me how is this different than a infertile woman paying another woman to use her womb to carry a baby . I think it's obvious everyone wants a healthy baby . What's so absolutely sickening about a woman with multiple sons wanting a daughter ? 

Quoting MamaBearEH: Nope and I think it's a terrible day for humanity when we start doing things like this. We need to be less concerned about planning the nursery colors or buying gender specific clothes, and more concerned with the actual health of the children. Societies are already having issues with female babies and now we are finding ways to let people pick!? Absolutely sickening... Sorry...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN