Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is your husband/so....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:18 PM
  • 57 Replies
Going to stay at the hospital with you?

DH asked me what I wanted, I told him I wanted him there for the birth like last time but not to take any days off work until they release me from the hospital. Last time I was in for a while and he only had a week of PTO saved up so he only spent like 2 days with me at home. Plus at the hospital they take care of you anyway.
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melodee0119
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:21 PM
I am not 100% sure what we will do. It will probably depend on what day of the week it happens. I want him there for the birth and when I get home but I don't know about the hospital. I think he wants to stay but I am like you and would rather have him at home. I also talked about how I would rather him take 1/2 days or a day here or there than straight two weeks
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Yes he is. Mil is goingbto keep both kids for us while we are at the hospital.
Avetay
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM
He will stay with me as long as ny othet kids are cared for
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM
My husband stayed with me. He had two weeks off work, though.
StaciF
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Well crap! One more thing I didn't think about that I'll have to figure out!!! Home births are sooo much easier!!
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM
My husband has never stayed with me at the hospital after baby but if we can get a babysitter I would like him to this time. Especially if I have another c-section.
Alluring
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:05 PM
I never thought of it. I do want him by my side if I need him. Especially in a place I don't know the layout.
wingsfan1234
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I/we have basically the same sisturation as you right now.. although he has a rotating schedule anyways so we'll work 2 days get off 2, work 3 get off  2 more... its crazy but anyways with his schedule and the little bit of time of he can get he might end up with a week even only taking off 2 or 3 days... also with me being due in December it's actually hard to get time off.. luckily it'll be early december though

Mommy to two girls here on earth, one in Heaven watching over us and our surprise rainbow baby on the way

HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Of course. He will be there with me as long as I need him. I'm having another c-section so having him there will help a ton. He's military but he's already got leave time set up and has more on the books if he should need it.

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Home birth here :)
But dh stayed at the hospital with my other deliveries.
First 48hrs
Second 24hrs
Third 12hrs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)