Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I am having a baby!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

in about a day and a half via c section... and I am sooo damn nervous :(

my orginal plan was a VBAC but some complications arose and me and DH went for the safest route which was to just schedule a c-section..

this is my 2nd baby, first baby (DD) was an emergency c-section. So I'm sure the recovery will be slightly easier this time around as I wont be in labor 22 hours like I was with her.

My husband is especially nervous, all I keep thinking about is my daughter and how she will be effected by me being out of commission. I know she will be a great big sister (shes 2 1/2).

anyway, anyone feel like chatting? my nerves are shot and I just need some conversation to keep me postitive. 

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Sure, I'll chat :) Just try to breathe and relax, that will do so much for helping you prep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM

My second section was sooooooo smooth. Recovery was definitely better than my emergency c-section. I was scared to death because the memories of it came back full force but everything went extremely well. 

kld10811
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:37 PM
I'm glad to hear that. I hope mine is as smooth. It's definitely nerve wracking :( I told my husband he is to get me up and walking as soon as I'm able too. I wanna recover as easily and fast as possible so I can take care of my babies.

Quoting DixonBabies:

My second section was sooooooo smooth. Recovery was definitely better than my emergency c-section. I was scared to death because the memories of it came back full force but everything went extremely well. 

dixiegurl223626
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I had my 2nd csection wednesday. My first was a traumatic emergency csection 9 years ago. This time around was perfect! I felt nothing! Worst part was gettingt the IV. Everything else went smoothly and I got amazing pictures of the delivery! I was a nervous wreck before, but it was so perfect this time. Good luck!

kld10811
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Sorry for the late reply. One of the most nerve wracking things is being fully aware during surgery. My husband is very worried. Which doesn't help my nerves at all lol I guess since I had such an awful experience with my emergency c section I'm worried it'll be the same way. I've tried to prep as best I can but going under the knife is a scary thing for me. I have awful anxiety

Quoting booaura: Sure, I'll chat :) Just try to breathe and relax, that will do so much for helping you prep.
kld10811
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Glad to hear. Congrats btw! Did you find you were able to get up and moving quicker ? Did you nurse ? My husband will only be staying with me the first night because we want to keep our dd stress free. So I will be by myself all night the last few days in the hospital. I'm worried how it will effect me trying to nurse. Especially if I will need help getting up and moving and if I should keep the baby in my room or not.

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

I had my 2nd csection wednesday. My first was a traumatic emergency csection 9 years ago. This time around was perfect! I felt nothing! Worst part was gettingt the IV. Everything else went smoothly and I got amazing pictures of the delivery! I was a nervous wreck before, but it was so perfect this time. Good luck!

dixiegurl223626
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Thanks! I was able to get up and move quicker, but I am 9 years older this time and this was much less traumatic. I am nursing and I had a hard time at first, but now we are doing great with nursing. I didnt nurse my last son. My husband stayed all 3 nights. I asked him to. We had to find someone to watch our 9 year old every night though and that was rough. It was very helpful to have him there. Even though I was able to get up, when the pain medication wears off it is quite painful at times. Also with the pain of the incision and the menstrual like contractions while nursing, it was nice to just hand baby to husband to change after feedings. I kept the baby in the room, but they didnt really give us an option of whether we want to or not. The hospital I was at always brought the baby to the room and they encourage baby room in with the mother and always kept him in there. Now we are home and My husband went back to work monday. I'm having a time being here alone with baby. My 9 year old is a big help though, but tomorrow he is going to the grandparents house, so I'll be completely alone. I'm dreading tomorrow because I dont want to be alone. Its rough. I guess I'll manage though. The incision is still painful and its still hard to get up at times. I'm sure everything will go fine! Good luck!

Quoting kld10811: Glad to hear. Congrats btw! Did you find you were able to get up and moving quicker ? Did you nurse ? My husband will only be staying with me the first night because we want to keep our dd stress free. So I will be by myself all night the last few days in the hospital. I'm worried how it will effect me trying to nurse. Especially if I will need help getting up and moving and if I should keep the baby in my room or not.
Quoting dixiegurl223626:

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:59 PM

my 2nd c-section was a breeze compared to my emergency... good luck!

sophiesister2
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM
The recovery is the hard part! The actual surgery itself i thought was fine(mine was scheduled because of dd being breech). Im trying for a vbac this time around :/ i feel like somethings gonna go wrong so i wont be able to though. I find out tomorrow if im having a boy or girl!
sophiesister2
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM
They offer you medication for anxiety if youre still nervous when they start(at least they did for me). But i have anxiety about meds affecting baby so i just said nah, i was so out of it anyway it wasnt bad. Hopefully things go much more smoothly for you this time around

Quoting kld10811: Sorry for the late reply. One of the most nerve wracking things is being fully aware during surgery. My husband is very worried. Which doesn't help my nerves at all lol I guess since I had such an awful experience with my emergency c section I'm worried it'll be the same way. I've tried to prep as best I can but going under the knife is a scary thing for me. I have awful anxiety

Quoting booaura: Sure, I'll chat :) Just try to breathe and relax, that will do so much for helping you prep.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN