Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

First trimester and he says no sex...

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hello my name is Jessie and I'm 24 year old my fiance is 25 and we found out I was pregnant 2 weeks aago, we were both surprised but the one thing I noticed right away the his desire for any sort of intamcy stopped. He gets home from work and plays his video game and then takes a nap followed by gym and gets home around 8pm and then takes a shower and calls it a night. We have tried talking about it and all I ever end up getting is him stating he is tired. I feel like he doesn't like the fact that I'm pregnant or finds me unattractive. I don't understand if this is normal. However he does have baby experience because he has a 3 year old daughter In Japan with his ex wife which he meet while he was deployed there. He said his ex wife was really horny all the time and they always did it so my question is of they did it all the time what's going on with us or myself? Is there anyone out there that has gone through this problem. According to the doctor I'm 8weeks pregnant now as of yesterday and since we found out two weeks ago I was pregnant we have only had sex 3 times.TMI sorry ...I just feel like I need someone to give me advice upon this current situation. Thank you ladies :-)
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shelleyb413
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he thinks you don't want to have sex?? Dress sexy & show him what you want ;)

If that doesn't work ask him bluntly "why won't you have sex with me!?"
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Id talk to him about it, sometimes guys can be weird, maybe hes nervous about something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
It's normal. A lot of guys don't like having sex, for one reason or another, when a woman is pregnant. Just because he did it last time doesn't mean he should be obligated to do it this time. I mean maybe that's why he doesn't want to. If you didn't want to have sex I'm sure you'd appreciate him respecting your wishes, so I would say do the same for him.

Talking is great, but I don't recommend starting it if you aren't going to be ok with what you might hear. Pregnancy is only temporary.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Ugh, just wait until the third trimester. I had to coax my husband into coming near me and sex was the only thing I wanted...well, besides air conditioning and more sleep. Have you tried initiating, or are you waiting for him to do that? 

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Well first, congrats and welcome to the group! 

There can be numerous reasons why he doesn't want to right now, and they don't all even have to do with you, you know?  I'd just ask him what's up.

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

some guys just really don't like having sex while their SO's are pregnant...

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

You should just climb on top and have your way with him. 

1986vanessa
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

You can ask him but i wouldnt push him on the subject just yet, Maybe he needs some more time to get use to you being pregnant. I found out a couple weeks ago i was pregnant and i am now 8w3d with my first. My fiance is still getting use to it, it takes men time i guess lol  

Jesse14
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Thank you @1986vanessa I'll give him a little more time, but we've tried talking about it...I guess time is all he needs I suppose.

Quoting 1986vanessa:

You can ask him but i wouldnt push him on the subject just yet, Maybe he needs some more time to get use to you being pregnant. I found out a couple weeks ago i was pregnant and i am now 8w3d with my first. My fiance is still getting use to it, it takes men time i guess lol  

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I think my dh is doing something similar, but will jump his bones today when he gets home lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)