Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

It's probably just me and my hormones...Debbie downer (sorry long)

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM
  • 3 Replies

OK, so i am 18 weeks pregnant with my third child. I am feeling very down and alone. I feel like I have no girlfriends, well i guess I don't. I guess it started a few years ago, I had a very close friend who decided to cheat on her BF/father of her son with a married man with three kids. At the same time in my life I was getting married and I tried to express to her that I didn't agree with what she was doing without being mean or rude, at first, but as things went on feelings were hurt and the friendships was lost.

Now fast forward five years later I am married with two kids and my other best friend (since third grade) stops talking to me altogether. She lives a few towns away and has three kids and a husband but we try to make time for each other, until gradually she doesn't. It's clear when she misses a holiday where we are always together without as much as a phone call.  I call her and email but hear nothing, I guess I said something or did something that she did not like, I have searched my brain but cannot come up with a concrete answer. I asked her mom and all I got was, she said "you are both big girls and you can figure it out yourselves". I guess it is my fault as I just let it go, it has been a year now, no word on my kid's birthdays or mine, I'm at the point now where I am hurt and mad. 

I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself. I would like to make new friends but it is hard when you work full time and have two little ones and I am not very outgoing. I guess I am just wining. I think the hormones are making it worse...Just needed to complain to someone...thanks for reading, if you made it this far!!

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM
When I was a child having kids and,getting married meant people got closer, and spent more time together. Now it's just the opposite... At least in my world. People are busy working multiple jobs, school, taking care of their families... And there just isn't much of anything left by the time that's done. Not to say they don't want to... But they are just so full in their lives they can't give to others unless they take from their families.
meg999
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Thanks MamaBearEH. Its nice to think that it was not something that I did wrong but I can't seem to get over feeling alone. Again probably  just my hormones, maybe tomorrow will be a brighter day...

Quoting MamaBearEH: When I was a child having kids and,getting married meant people got closer, and spent more time together. Now it's just the opposite... At least in my world. People are busy working multiple jobs, school, taking care of their families... And there just isn't much of anything left by the time that's done. Not to say they don't want to... But they are just so full in their lives they can't give to others unless they take from their families.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 5:27 PM

hugsMaking good girlfriends is hard to do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN