Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

gestational thrombocytopenia

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:27 AM
  • 4 Replies
Anyone else experience this?
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM

How low is your count?  My platelets went low during my last pregnancy, but I managed to bring them back up to 164 before I went into labor by taking chlorophyll and beet root supplements religiously.

BrookeyLea
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM
With ds I had high bp, protein, and low platelet count, I was just mointored
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Right now at 24 weeks I'm at about 120? When I delivered my second at 39 weeks they were under 50. I didn't even know I was low until they told me after I had her. Now with this one I have been having excessive bruising up and down my legs making it hurt to even walk, bleeding gums, etc. I have to go in for more labs Tuesday AM

Quoting Heather2001:

How low is your count?  My platelets went low during my last pregnancy, but I managed to bring them back up to 164 before I went into labor by taking chlorophyll and beet root supplements religiously.

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM

It couldn't hurt to take the supplements.  Mine got down to around 120 before I got serious about doing something to reverse it. 

Here is the chlorophyll I took and here is the beet root.  I took 2 of each once per day.

Quoting addiesmommy1109: Right now at 24 weeks I'm at about 120? When I delivered my second at 39 weeks they were under 50. I didn't even know I was low until they told me after I had her. Now with this one I have been having excessive bruising up and down my legs making it hurt to even walk, bleeding gums, etc. I have to go in for more labs Tuesday AM
Quoting Heather2001:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN