Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

any advice on how to get contractions closer together?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM
  • 17 Replies
So I've been contracting painfully since yesterday but only about 1 every 20 mins. Anyone know how to get them closer together?
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Avetay
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Walking
Sex
Squats
Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:49 AM

How far along are you?

evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:06 PM

38 weeks and 5 days

Quoting Heather2001:

How far along are you?

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You could have those pre-labor contractions for days if not weeks still.  You can do all the walking, squatting, swimming, standing-on-your-head you want, but it won't help much until your body and baby are both ready.  It's not something you can really rush.

Quoting evilangel198431:

38 weeks and 5 days

Quoting Heather2001:

How far along are you?

Devious103102
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Walk, squats, sex and nipple stimulation. Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Squatting during each contraction--but, all in all, I recommend just relaxing and keeping hydrated.  I have driven myself crazy with trying to get contractions closer together before, and really, labor will come if it wants to come.  Good luck!

evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:47 PM
With my other 4 kids and my nephew relaxing isn't going to happen right now. So I guess I just keep busy til labor really kicks in.

Quoting meam4444:

Squatting during each contraction--but, all in all, I recommend just relaxing and keeping hydrated.  I have driven myself crazy with trying to get contractions closer together before, and really, labor will come if it wants to come.  Good luck!

kat090108
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:30 PM
With both my other pregnancies I had the same thing but they were not close or regular. My Dr told me if it is true labor walking will regulate them..if they are BH walking will stop them. And I'm not talking about walking around your house but going for a nice long walk around your neighborhood or somewhere there is people in case it does speed things up

Quoting evilangel198431: So I've been contracting painfully since yesterday but only about 1 every 20 mins. Anyone know how to get them closer together?
amberNewman0213
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Bounce on a exercise ball! Made me go into labor that night

I'd bounce for 20 min then rest and kept it up.

Also visualize active labor think it in your mind. Sounds crazy but it works.
tsmcconnell
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:28 PM
I would have to agree. Mine were 2-10min or so apart for a very very long time. I went over 5 days. I tried everything but gave up and just relaxed with my hubby n giggled all night. Full on labor that next evening thank goodness!
My advice is don't over tire yourself. And if your up to sex I would go that route!
Quoting Heather2001:

You could have those pre-labor contractions for days if not weeks still.  You can do all the walking, squatting, swimming, standing-on-your-head you want, but it won't help much until your body and baby are both ready.  It's not something you can really rush.

Quoting evilangel198431:

38 weeks and 5 days

Quoting Heather2001:

How far along are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN