Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

was really hoping not to be induced update*

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 47 Replies
But it's starting to look like that is going to be what happens. Dr. Is pushing for the 22nd because even with all the contractions I'm having I'm not progressing at all. :(

Update:

They never called me back about a time for the induction. The hospital called me last night at 11pm and said I was supposed to be there at 10pm but since I was late I would have to reschedule. I told them I thought that was best anyway. The new date is the 31st. That is 8 days past my due date. So this gives little guy more time to decide to come on his own. I'm more comfortable with this :)
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM
4 moms liked this

How far along are you and how far will you be at that point? Just because you haven't progressed (yet) doesn't mean it wont happen or that you wont go into labor on your own. I wouldn't allow induction till 42 weeks. Good luck.

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with above ^^
Except my midwife doesn't induce period and has had a rare mom that went to 44/45weeks
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:09 PM

i agree with what was posted

evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I'm 39 weeks. She said she won't let me go past 41. I will be 40 weeks when she wants to induce.

Quoting Devious103102:

How far along are you and how far will you be at that point? Just because you haven't progressed (yet) doesn't mean it wont happen or that you wont go into labor on your own. I wouldn't allow induction till 42 weeks. Good luck.

hnischke
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You know you have the right to decline induction. You don't have to do what the doctor suggests.
_ethansmommy
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Find the right pressure points on your feet to help your contractions. My friend got her labor to progress that way 5 weeks ago. I've been induced and wouldn't recommend it, takes extra long!! And of course there is sex 😄 but you have to orgasm or else it won't work as well. Good luck mamas!!
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM

for that reason alone i would not do it. you are not officially overdue until 42 weeks.

mss119
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:32 PM
I was induced after having prodromal labor for days with my oldest. Despite having contractions every 5-10 minutes for several days and being almost 41 weeks, I wasn't dilating much at all and I was induced. My body wasn't ready and I ended up with a c section. I would suggest monitoring the baby, but so long as the baby isn't in distress I would personally refuse the induction. If you do decide to consider induction, please check your bishop score to determine the likely success of an induction. Good luck with whatever course you choose!

http://www.babymed.com/bishop-score-induction-calculator
LittlePistol87
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:33 PM

It will be okay. You still have time. 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM

If she wont let you go past 41 then you she shouldn't schedule the induction till 41 weeks. At the end of the day you do have options, you don't HAVE to be induced, you don't HAVE to go in. You can say no or just not show up. 

Quoting evilangel198431: I'm 39 weeks. She said she won't let me go past 41. I will be 40 weeks when she wants to induce.
Quoting Devious103102:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN